What is the ideal age to get married?

What do you think of people who get married young? (By young I am talking about people between 18 and maybe 21 or 22 years old). Are their marriages more likely to fail? If so, what do YOU think would be the "ideal" age to get married?
What is the ideal age to get married??

1122
Sponsored

What Guys Said 22

• there is no ideal time but B4 you think about marriage make sure you have a career and all the things you wanted to do when you were single done. 90% of divorce happens over money or sex make sure your partner enjoys sex as you do and you both are able to be financially secure

• 28 or 29 years of age should be ideal.

• When you can support it..

• Probably when you have a house, a car and a fat investment bank account. You can do with less but I would say, at least 50k+ in savings and about 250k networth

• We were both 25

• 28 is best age

• When you are mature enough, established in your career and your financial house is in order or in a reasonable.

• Once you're in your 30s, since in your 20s there a lot of things you need to learn before actually getting married and many get to be fully economically stable in their 30s.

• Some people in my county go at that age but they are not prepared and usually they stay on parents back. For me I think the ideal age is when I am ready to face life by myself

• Sometime in your 30s.

• It depends on the person

• There isn't.

• Mid to late twenties at the earliest

• 25 yrars

• 20 and up but i choose the early 20's if u ask me

• Never.

• i Believe 27-28 should be right

• at least 18, that way it's legal age, butttt, id much rather be in my late 20's early 30's

• in your 40s

• between 24 - 28 is the average age for girls, guys are more between ages 25 - 30

• I'd rather just co-habit.
    I guess after 5 years of being with them it should be considered.

• Early teen years. 13-16

What Girls Said 11

• 23 (lol when I was 17, it was 20)

For me it would be when I have full responsibility of my house; I would cook for the fam, pay bill or help out at least, be patient with younger siblings (as in take them out more often) be able to do job and do basic house work at the same time etc.

Basically no complains but just do what needs to be done and also manage my hobbies.

Right now, if I have back pain, I easily fall back into the bed. But if my sister were to have it , she would still go to work and deal with it.

• 25-32 for women
    28-35 for men

many studies show that the rational part of the brain isn't fully developed until 25. mid 20s to early 30s is also ideal as your career and financial house is assumed to be in order while still being young enough for kids. Of course, life doesn't always work out like that.

• I would say 25

• 30-33.

• I don't think there is an ideal age. I would base it off of meeting the right person and wanting to stay with them forever.

• I got married at 19. epic freaking fail and regret.. although I didn't listen to my own advice... I feel it shouldn't matter your age. but instead my 5 yr rule. when you and your SO reach that 5 yr Mark. y'all should reevaluate your relationship.. if both still happy and want 100% to fullest to continue on.. then I feel your ready for marriage..

you Don't really know who the person truly is untill you lived with them for 6 months.

• When u feel reay

• I don't believe there is an ideal age. Just person.

• Too young is not good. People are finicky and roam. everyone is different. Usually you know when your ready. I waited till I was 35 only because I didn't meet the one till then.

• 9 years old

• Depends what you want to work on, first college then marriage or first family then college? Sadly as a woman we can vaguely have both. I got married super young. I was 20 and he was 24. It didn't last for other reasons but I never had kids but if I did it would have made it way harder for me to go to school.