Is three months or so a lifetime?

Everything's screwed up in my life right now and I was thinking that I really need to get away from it all. I'm at a point in my life where I have nothing but free time and not many strings tying me down. I would also like to help people while exploring myself, if I can. I was thinking that if I could raise the money I could do a volunteer program in a third world country. There's only one thing. My boyfriend.

If I went for like a few months to maybe a year would that be awful? We're unofficially engaged (been dating 13 months) and planning on spending our lives together. Being so young, would this just break us up? Or could we do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• So maybe you've found your purpose ! Kiddos to you if so some people spend a lifetime trying to figure that one out. You sound as if you may have a STRONG passion burning within yourself right now , but the only thing holding you back is your boyfriend ? To answer your question a few months . . Even a year doesn't equal a lifetime. You said something that caught my attention you said '' we're unofficially engaged and planning on spending our lives together'' . That's great , but you only have one life to live so why not give it all you got ? I can understand him being somewhat weary of you leaving ( I assume that would be natural) and expressing so , but not actually wanting you to go and seeing you do something to better shape yourself as a WOMAN that would be banana's. You could make it , but you both have to be in it 2 WIN it. Otherwise what the hell is the point in even saying forever ? You leaving could set you on a entirely different path that doesn't include him. Just be wise after all this is your life and YOUR happiness. He can't live that for you .

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• Well, I think it would really depend on how serious your relationship is and how strong it is as well as how much he loves you as to whether he is willing to wait or not. I think it's something you need to talk to him about. Tell him how you're feeling - that you need to get away for a while and ask him how he feels about that and whether he would wait for you or not. Let him know how important this is to you right now. Of course it may hurt him, but if he loves you and he's secure in your relationship, he will eventually understand and allow you to have your freedom. One thing, though - Just don't expect him to be jumping for joy about it when you talk to him about it. He's going to have to spend several months to a year (or more) without you! That's got to suck for anyone! Personally, I would take some time away, but use it to solve whatever problems are bothering you. Don't use it to just run away. Use the time wisely in order to find answers. That's just my opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• well it could break up your relationship and it may not but to be on the safe side I think you should talk to your boyfriend about you going away and see what he says then from there on you can decide on what you may want to do. GOOD LUCK.