What am I doing wrong?

I am 17 years old and going into my junior year at a small private school. I'm not trying to brag but I am considered to be good looking by girls, am a captain of the football team, was homecoming prince, and am a class officer. I'm not a socially awkward guy at all and I feel like I should be doing well with girls but I am absolutely unable to get a girlfriend for some reason. None of my friends know what I'm doing wrong but when a good looking girl is into me and I try to start flirting with her it only seems to make things worse. I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to talk to girls at this point and I was wondering what are some common mistakes that guys make. Please don't tell me to be more of an asshole because that just isn't me but what can I do to begin engaging girls in conversation in a flirtatious way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok I would not tell you to be an asshole that only works and the moives well if I was a boy and I like a girl are trying to flirt with her I would ask her name and then say you like it are its fits her well but first say hi and than your name then say something that made you like her ex her eyes,hair,make up,something don't say you like her legs,butt,are t*ts yours asking her to walk away. N if she helping you with something say your lucky to have her around. Say you like what she wearing but don't lie about it because it will come back. N if it hard 4 you to talk to good looking girls start off with something sample like asking for a pen don't do it every day tho are if she makes a comment on something agree with her are give some facts about what she talking about but if she wrong don't say anything. If you don't mind me asking what do you say to the girls because if your good looking and nice I don't see anything wrong but one last thing Be YOUR SELF PLZ... well that's what I think...n I hope I didn't tell you something you already kno...but I hope it help

What Girls Said 5

• well it could be because girls are too afraid to approach you considering the way you are being attractive and such. It could also be because they are attracted to you until they see your personality, which could just not be to their liking.

• I don't think this is the issue because I have plenty of girls who I am good friends with but it is when there's a possiblity of being more than friends that things start to go wrong.

• Maybe they are only interested in being your friend. I know people who are really pretty but they barely ever date anyone.

• How about trying something different that might make it easier.

Talk to her normally like she was just another guy. Engage in a discussion or make her laugh. Either way try not to think about the fact that she has boobs and calm down while concentrating on her reply. Once you grab her attention to the point that she tries to prolong the conversation by asking or joking herself, you can start flirting or even teasing her in a nice way.

Have a little tact, don't go around giving seductive looks without knowing the person you're looking at.

Most common mistake guys make is usually just that. They don't treat me like a person, but a goal that they can reach with nothing but cheesy pick up lines and ridiculous small talk. =/

It is truly annoying.

• well, what get's me to a guy is manners, and when he opens doors and just smiles and stares at me. That catches my attention and I always have appreciated a guy with respect. You are up there on the social poll so my advice is, when you see a girl you are interested in, start off with acting like a gentleman, open doors, smile, then when you start talking do everything you can to make her laugh. You can tease her in a nice way. Just increase from there, and one big thing, DONT flirt with every other girl. Because then you will not get one. You need to choose one and make her feel special and make her a project. Girls DON'T like to be played no matter how cute or charming you are. I think you'll do fine. Good Luck!

• why don't you talk to a girl you like,start texting her and hangout with her,ask her how her day was and stuff like that,when you think she likes you,tell her how you feel about her an if she feels the same then ask her out, just remember just because you've been all those things sometimes girls don't like that

• my friend and I were just talking about this yesterday: 2 days ago I was walking to the bank and on my way in the doors, had 2 guys whistle at me from their car. That, in mine and my friends opinion, is just terrible. On the other hand, in the same day my friend was at the gas station when a guy walked up to her and told her "I just wanted to tell you that you're really pretty." He was very respectful and after he gave the compliment, just went on his way. The latter between the two makes a girl feel beautiful and confident.

So basically, just be polite and sweet. It can melt a girl's heart. No cat calls please :P

What Guys Said 0