How do I say no to a proposal nicely?

My boyfriend has been dropping hints for so long that he wants to get married to me and the feeling isn't mutual. I know I have to say no but if I don't think of a nice way to put it I think I might just turn around and say yes for the easy life. I desperately need help on how to make me look like the bad person and a nice way of saying no to him! PLEASE HELP ME!

Most Helpful Guy

• well personally you need to do something fast. it's simply what the heart wants is what the heart wants.. and that's something he needs to realize. you can love someone but not be in love with them.. and basically you need to break it out and tell him that you love him but you not in love with him and you won't feel comfortable with taking the relationship to the next level until you are... I was with someone for 4 years and felt the same you do about your guy.. the relationship ended really bad and we became enemys... that's something you don't want. it hurts more in a break-up that way so you just maybe need to sit down in a quiet place or even write him a letter stating how you feel.. a written sentiment is always the best way to get what's on your chest out without have to face the emotional trama. if you are not in love with the guy there is no point to being married so let him know that you do love him very much but your just not in love with him and that's what you need in order to take the relationship to the next level.. it will end the relationship on a much friendlier note. and maybe in time you'll fall in love.. but it's not worth being with him if your not.. I hope this helps but the best thing to do is just let him know.

What Guys Said 1

• Okay number one, your not ready for that sort of commitment, so by saying yes, and say in a couple of years you don't wanna be with him, or you didn't see life with him being married, your just gonna ruin a lot of peoples hearts. Aka your family, his family, also say you have kids with him, and it doesn't work out, you'll ruin your kids lives aswell. I suggest you sit him down, tell him how you feel, let him know you love him, but that your not ready for marriage right now.

What Girls Said 2

• The best thing to do is tell him. But don't say no.

Let him know you care for him, but your just not ready for marriage right now.

Also I think it'd be easier if you did it by having a romantic eveing and then ending the night with a deep conversation about the topic of marriage, but say your not saying no to him your just not ready.

• Just tell him that you care about him but you're just not ready for marriage right now. Don't say yes just because that will be easier for you, cause otherwise it's just not gonna work out.