When should you get married?

I know it varies by person and situation, but here lately I feel like everyone I know is getting married or engaged and all of them are under 22. One girl in particular JUST turned 18 a week ago and will be married in a couple weeks. When I was a kid I used to think that the normal time to get married was around your early twenties, but now that I'm in my early twenties I couldn't disagree more. These couples seem like children marrying other children and I can't help but cringe because it feels like people throwing their life away before it's even started.

I guess at this point in life I feel like late twenties would be the point I would even begin considering marriage.

At what age do you consider marriage appropriate?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree, I think when you're really young, people who are 18-20 seem so grown-up and mature, but when you actually get to that age, it doesn't feel like it lol.

Now that I'm not so far away from 20 and I see just how little I have planned out lol, I feel very differently. I imagine I'd want to get married around the mid- to late-twenties.

What Guys Said 3

• 0|0
  • If you're an adult, I don't care what you do with your life. People getting married at a young age is pretty low on my list of concerns with the world.

• Then why bother commenting on a question about it....

• You asked a question, and I answered appropriately. You asked what age I believed people should get married and my response was "whenever you chose". When proposed with a choosing from a handful of options that seem narrow and don't coincide with my views, I'll simply state the one I believe to be right, even if it's not what the question asker had in mind.

• 25+

What Girls Said 2

• I think certain people mature at different ages/rates and that some people are in love with someone, while another person may only be in love with the thought of being in love.

I think if two people are able to support one another and you feel like you can depend on you significant other with your life and your well being, then you are ready. Marriage is stressful. life is stressful, and I believe God will not give you anything you can't handle.

• I'd say middle to late twenties at the earliest.