Answering this will help a lot.

I'm moving out of state in about three more years to start my own business,my question is it a bad idea to try to date someone knowing that I would have to leave them. I would gladly get engaged to a girl if the relationship was get serious moving across country is a huge step for one person let along a couple just wondering how I should go about this

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree... 3 years is a LONG time. You never know where life will take you. You may even change your mind about starting your own business. Sounds like you have a lot of ambition... but ambition can take us in many (sometimes unexpected) directions! :) Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• think about it... within three years you could meet someone, get married and have a kid. Three years is quite a long time, I wouldn't worry about it yet. PLUS, women love guys with a future, so use that to your advantage.

• i say you should get settled first and focus on your biz

What Guys Said 2

• I'm in the same situation, but instead of 3 years, it's 3 weeks. I've felt like you for the past few months...knowing that IF something developed, it probably wouldn't continue after the move. However, in your situation I would have to agree with everyone else. 3 years is a long time. Some couples get engaged/married after only a few months. 3 years is plenty of time to find the right person. Don't sell yourself short!

• Well, 3 years is a fairly long time to see where your relationship stands with your significant other. I'd say that if there's a girl who you've been wanting to date, go for it. You never know what could happen in 3 years. If it works out that you guys can still make it work long distance, then great! But if it doesn't, you know that you enjoyed it while it lasted, and that you just weren't meant for eachother.