I don't care about the ring!

I've realized here lately that I could care less about getting an amazing engagement ring...if he gave me a $10 silver band I would be happy. What I really care about is having a really amazing wedding...would this put a guy off? I guess I'm wondering if the ring means as much to the guy giving I as the typical girl receiving it. In the past I've imagined a guy would appreciate not having to spend a lot on a ring, but lately I've been thinking maybe the ring being on your hand is somewhat of a status thing for them and instead of caring about the ring and wanting a big wedding instead would seem like your motives for marriage were off. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriage is a property realtionship, marry for money, you will need it to raise kids...

What Guys Said 1

• That's really awesome of you. I didn't think people like you actually existed. You will marry for love, not material things or status. It's refreshing. Of course I want to provide my future wife with the best possible engagement ring that I can, but like you, I would prefer an awesome wedding over some $30k ring.

What Girls Said 2

• The ring nor the wedding itself mean anything. It is the commitment between two people to share their lives together. A flashy ring and/or an expensive wedding does not make a good relationship. Whoever said marry for money is an idiot! That's one thing that is wrong now days, marriage does not mean what it used to!

• Do what you can afford for both the ring and the wedding.