I'm not ready, but I have no choice?

next month I turn 18, my girlfriend is turning 23 in September. tomorrow we are getting married, why, I got her pregnant and we are keeping it. until now I hadn't thought bout it that much. obviously I'm totally unprepared to be married, let alone have a child. I know its my fault this happened. how do I get myself ready for such huge responsibilities, we are in love but, I'm scared as hell

we worked it all out, I almost ruined everything by wanting to set s new date. we are gonna try again in january thnx for the help:D

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes two to tango. No matter what you need to do what is right for you, her and the baby. If this mean s your not ready to be married don't do it, you can wait a couple years when you have matured. How ridiculous that she is 22 and your not even 18 and are getting married all because she is pregnant. If anything marriages that have not been rushed and well thought of are disasters in the making. This is not the 1960's you can be a good father and she can be a good mother without getting married. Are you even finished with school? That is extremaly important to do you do notwant to be stuck in a dad end job. I hope you make the right decision for yourself and family.

p.s don't blame yourself,if anything she's older by 5yrs and had no reason being with a 17 year old.

• P.s.s I amnot trying to dicourage you from getting married. Just giving you food for thought.

• Thnx, what your saying makes total sense

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• This sounds like a bad idea...are your/her family forcing you to marry? Or both of them? You could do a runner, but then I don't think you could ever be able to face your family again.

• Actually I brought up the idea to my mother. she supported me. her family doesn't like me anymore because of this situation tho

• well, you are on de rit track. take gud care ov your gf.. and be mentally prepared. be supportive and understanding. it be a little hard but you will get through this phase as well. all you need to do is to manage tym and resources. with a cild comes a lot of responsibilites.. so get ready and congratulations =)

• well at least you're doing something about it and not running away from the mistake. But you're with someone who is 5 years older, so don't blame yourself that it's all your fault.

• its scary to have a kid but its always good to wait because there are expensive well I hope you make the right choice and do what's best for the child

What Guys Said 1

• If you are not ready to be married, then don't. You can be a good parent without being married. That being said if you both love each other I can't see the harm in getting married, at least for things like insurance it is easier than if you were not married.