Why is it that divorce rates are the highest in america?

Just wondering.

Most Helpful Guy

• JMO, those of us in the States have become so use to just discarding things that we now do it with our relationships. I believe that too many people are being married outside of the church, which, for some people, makes it easier to go their separate ways. Some religions believe it is a sin to divorce. It's not a matter of just going to court and having a judge declare you divorced, a member of the churches clergy may have to be consulted and give permission to divorce. It makes people think twice before making that final decision. I think we've just made it way to easy to walk away from what should be a sacred commitment.

What Girls Said 16

• Divorce is acceptable here unlike in other countries. Just because the divorce rate is lower in other countries it doesn't mean they're happier.

• maybe marriage is not considered as something important

• I think it has a lot to do with America being a "melting pot" of all different cultures and races. There is no set and overall list of rules and regulations socially speaking that discourages people from giving up when their marriage gets rocky, so people live and let live.

• It's a cultural thing

• Because there are many stupid people. Idk

• They dont treat marriage as a serious matter.

• Cause people get married without knowing what marriage is.

• People pretend to love each other when they don't actually do

• i think people rush into marriage

• I think people get married for the wrong reasons

• no one believes in "sticking it out" anymore. If you look at the history of marriage and divorce in the US, divorce rate was much lower back in the day, then it is now. people are getting married for the wrong reasons I suppose

• Sometimes is just doesnt work out for people

• probably just because america is a free land,ppl pursuit individual happiness more other than concern too much abt others except the couple themselves

• Don't know

• because here in society, we're expected to be perfect when we're not. some people just marry because their family is happy with their partner, not the other way around.

• People rush into relationships because they're are scared to hurt the other person Ect.

What Guys Said 6

• Marriage is different today than is was a long time ago. Everything was clear and there was less drama and the roles between a man and a woman were clear. So much has changed in that aspect. Women want more and they want to give less. Expectations are out of control and for the most part marriage is used as a meal ticket, then when things don't go as "planned" or dreamt about then the finger pointing starts. I could go on for hours about this subject, but to keep it short it all starts with the women. There is no need for marriage, you can have everything in a relationship. Marriage is just a guarentee to get money or other things if things don't work out...

• Combination of easy divorces combined with high marriage rates.

A lot of other western countries far fewer people marry so far fewer divorce.

• Its pretty high in the UK too, I think people expect relationships to magically work themselves out and people often give up or seem to end it after an argument or when a particular problem arises instead of communicating and working things out.
    I aslo think that in the age of smartphones and the internet plus apps and dating sites, its far too easy to cheat and meet people you otherwise wouldn't have.
    Society is very focused on the now and I want mentality. Too much fast living for example, (have this new phone, faster internet, new tablet/laptop, more DVD's, takeaways etc) and people extend this to their relationships. I think the kids at schools today make are gonna find it very difficult to build interpersonnal relationships later on glued to their smartphones 24/7

• Well as Americans we like things and we like them now. A lot of people just live for now and don't think long term. Which leads to rushing, rushing into relationships, sex, and even marriage. And with anything you rush into you can soon relize I shouldn't of done this.

• I wonder if marriage rates are also highest in the US. I bet it's just a result of couples getting married that really have no business doing so.

• Technology diving people