Opinions on Prop 8 being repealed?

So today, Proposition 8 (banning gay marriage) was repealed for being unconstitutional. What do you think about it? Do you think it was the right thing to do, or do you have a problem with it? Why?

(if you want more information, google it, I might post some links but I'm in a hurry right now haha)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm from California, and I'm glad that our judges understand equality better than the majority who apparently is not as understanding.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't really care, but it's something gay people deserve to do just as much as straight people.

• Everyone who is at least somewhat intelligent saw this coming. What a waste of money we don't have. I don't really care either way about prop 8, because I think state recognized marriage altogether is bullsh*t. Marriage is supposed to be a religious institution, not something that has anything to do with the government, but I'm getting off track.

Gay people should be able to do everything a straight person can do, but I'm not going to go out of my way to ensure they have those rights because it doesn't effect me.

• If you think it's a religious institution, does that mean that you think atheists should be married? Or what about 2 people from different religions? Just curious.

• Wait what about Atheists? What does that have to do with what I said? I don't care if people are 2 different religions. All I'm saying is that the government doesn't need to be involved in who's marrying who.

• I think it's good. Whatever, equality and all that...

• I think it is awful, Next they will want to raise kids. I can say this for a fact. It takes a man and a women to make a baby. To me this means men and women are supposed to be together, not two men or two women. I also feel that for a child to develop right they need a parent of each sex.

• I think its kind of stupid that they put something up for a vote if they were just going to over turn it when an undesirable result came out of it. I'm guessing majority doesn't rule in California.

What Girls Said 1

• I do support gay marriage.

Whether or not homosexuals should be married through the Church,I disagree with simply because most religions are either against or do not approve of homosexuality.

I do believe in separation of church and government,so people bringing up "God doesn't approve" are ridiculous.