Getting married at the JP?

Do you have to have a ceremony? Can you just sign the papers? How much does it cost? What all does it involve?

What Guys Said 2

• Don't know what JP means.

But you can go to your local courthouse, have a judge perform the "ceremony" and have the marriage license signed.

That's the cheapest way that I know of, it costs somewhere between $50 and $100.

• JP is Justice of the Peace who is the person who marries you at the courthouse. Thank you for your answer.

• Yea, kind of obvious, but I still missed it. Not used to it being abbreviated.

Well, many courthouses have the judges doing this instead of one person exclusively. But yea, you got it.

• You have to go to City Hall and buy a marriage licence (around $75) then go to the JP but I'm pretty sure you need a witness(family member or friend). that.s it. Not sure how much the actual cost is but phone City Hall or go to their web site and they will tell you.

What Girls Said 0