Can't they get married eventually? Why can't a relationship b/t a 24-yr old guy and a 26-yr old girl work out?

Can't they get married eventually? They have sex most nights a week, but it's been over a year and he hasn't proposed. Should my friend move on?

For some reason, I seriously think the boys don't understand this question. They don't understand that girls typically have a limited amount of time (their twenties) to attract a potential husband. I'm not talking about dating "just for kicks".

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, having sex "most" nights of the weeks has little to do with getting married after a year and a half. First off, he may not be in the position to ask her to marry. Maybe he is working on education, or a career which should come before marriage so there is a sense of financial stability and goals/ life long dreams met. I personally think people these days should date at least three years, besides, they are young, what's the rush? Are they planning on having children right now?

• She's 26. By the time he's ready to marry, he might be 32, and not wanting to marry her. Therefore, shouldn't she put a time limit on this relationship?

• Wow, boys definitely do not look at dating the same way. AT. ALL.

• I agree a man has to have his money in order first

What Guys Said 4

• Not sure why you think age is the issue. Why should they be getting married after a year?There must be more to this than you're saying.

• Because she could end up wasting years of her life on him, during which time she could meet someone more suitable for her.

• And if she leaves this guy, she'll quickly find another guy and get married faster?

• I have no idea. IMO, after college it's a heck of a lot more difficult to meet someone *special*.

• true love count's no age ...

but if it makes her feel better, instead of that evil 30-thing she may want to think about inviting her friends to her 29b-bithday-party ;)

• i understood. for some reason you fought me

• LOL. Let me guess though - you want to marry a virgin?

• Nope.

• Hahah I thought the same thing. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that chiefnavarro graced with his ignorant nonsense. I'm still not convinced these two aren't 1 in the same.

• 26 is getting old for a girl it really is

• But I'll be 23 in December! Sh*t my time is running out...

• Cool enough to have an alter user name and to then call himself cool, huh?

• So if your not vmw and that's the only person that has accused me of being him. and you have accused other people. then I don't follow your logic. hmmm. I like you stubbornness you should friend me I kinda like your attitude. your always right aren't you. I like that.

What Girls Said 4

• A year isn't that long. What's the rush if he proposes now then nothing is going to be new with your relationship for the rest of your lives. If They love each other they really don't need that title to prove it. Don't ruin a good thing over somethng silly, be paitent.

• Because she's getting older faster than he's maturing.

• maybe he isn't ready for that yet...

• No; She Should ask him how Plan With her. And if its Just To f*** her then she should leave.

• after reading this further, I am beginning to think that you have some unrealistic perceptions on this. I am a firm believer that guys who are truly serious about marriage want to make sure that their life is in order and they have the ability to provide the life they really want for their future family. I am 26 and I have been with the same guy for 4 years and we're not 'officially engaged' I have asked wtff but after our conversation it's obvious that he himself set a goal and wants to be a sole provider and to give our future a better chance financially. Think about it...

• Yes, and I'm sure nowadays it takes a lot longer to get settled financially. Thanks for your answer, I'm sure my outlook on this is a little outdated. What can I say? I have old parents who got married when they were 23 and 24! Relationships are not easy, so congratulations on finding a goodie.