Engagement rings. Does price really matter?

Guys what does it mean when the guy wants to spend ALOT of money on a ring?

Does it mean they love the person that much? Or they just feel like they have to spend alot? Or what? Is it a guy thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the situation. If the guy is not that rich and works/saves more in order to buy her the perfect ring, then I think it means he loves her very much. Because he is willing to do work harder than he would under normal circumstances to make her happy. He wants her to have a beautiful ring, because she is very important to him.

Nevertheless, I think that even if he does not buy you a big diamond ring, it does not mean he does love you less. Such a guy may have other priorities and does not see the importance of spending that much money for a ring.

What Guys Said 2

• My married friends bought expensive rings because they wanted to impress the woman and give her something she could show off to her friends.

Personally I think an engagement ring is just a precursor a women can show to let everyone know how much her man is worth and what lifestyle she is most likely going to be living. The wealthier the man, the bigger the rock, and the better the lifestyles. A lot of men try to cheat at it but then it just becomes a penis measuring contest. My wife's rock is bigger than yours! And then they spend all this money on the ring and then wonder why they can't pay for their meaningful bills off because they are now $10,000 in debt.

I'll never know though because I am not marrying anyone. Ever. With the parting gifts of money, house, kids, cars, and insurance women get after divorce now, they should be buying the men engagement rings.

• Hahaha

you sound so bitter about marriage. I agree though.

So is that the only reason why he wants to spend so much on a ring? To impress me? And show off? So by him spending alot, means we're going to be living an expensive lifestyle? I don't want that :( It makes sense but, I don't want that kind of life :(

• Haha! Sell that shit. Nice! You're funny as hell.

• Whuut

I was being serious :p

• Well, I don't know too much about engagement rings or marriages, but I do know guys like to spend a ton of money on a guy in order to impress her. He probably feels that the bigger the diamond, the bigger the chance the girl will say yes or the more she will think of him. Therefore he probably also feels slightly pressured into buying an expensive ring. Just a guess, but I hope it helps.

What Girls Said 3

• girl id take any ring that my boyfriend was going to give me whether or not if itsa promise or jus a anniversery gift I'm not picky about much it cost jus the looks so kinda sorta picky but my boyfriend won't bust out the cash to buy me a promise ring I won't commitment from him and all but its jus thoughtful but I would think guys want the girls to think that there willing to spend this much on a dam ring then hell yes ima be with you no matter what plus its sweet to think a guy spent a few hunderd on a ring I think its cute

• I think its not the price that matters, its how flawless it is. Ladies want to get the bling that says "check this out bitch, its MINE!" Some guys can get a reasonably priced ring, but so stunning, at she's not really caring about how much it cost them.

at least he doesn't get it from the 99 cent store ;)

• it means they can afford to. I know a girl who's dating an investment banker and he spent 150K on her ring