What are your thoughts on marriage?

Are you for or against it and why? I'm undecided...

• I am pro-marriage.
  • I am anti-marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say pro marriage--I just wish more of them lasted

What Guys Said 3

• For marriage.

However, ONLY and I repeat ONLY if its done for the right reasons and taken seriously.

Marriage is forever, if your not going to go forever your not marrying (even if you have a peice of paper to say so).

So I guess, what I am really for is a lifetime commitment and love of a single carefully chosen partner. Then, once the final choice is made, commit to them forever regardless of circumstances.

If you can't do that, don't get married. I know life is complex and all sorts of weird stuff can happen to make things intennible but that's partly the point now isn't it.

• i am for marriage if I feel its right with my significant other. to me this is a huge commitment because its the one person I'm going to be with for the rest of my life and I need to know that she is always going to be by my side and help me raise our children and make sure that they have good lives.

• I believe it's sacred and something that should be respected. I'm for it.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm neither pro- nor anti-marriage. I think marriage can be a good thing, but it isn't a necessary thing.

Most people get married in order to show how much they love and are committed to one another and I don't think that marriage is necessary to do that. Many people are together for years, love each other deeply, and are completely committed to one another. Others get married, either for ulterior motives, or end up cheating on each other, getting divorced soon after, etc.

To me, I see marriage as a ceremony for a couple to publically make a promise to one another that they will love each other, support each other, and remain committed to each other, through the good and the bad. By making this promise public (usually to their friends and family who 'witness' this promise), they are asking their friends and family to support them in this promise and to hold them accountable to it. Their friends and family attend this ceremony to say, "Yes, we will be here to support you in this commitment."

My partner and I are engaged to be married, but whether or not we get married isn't going to change that we've already made this promise to each other. Marriage isn't going to make this promise more true, it's simply making it public.

• I feel that marriage is meant where you commit to one individual, in other words do not have an interest in any other person (sexually, loving, etcetera) while in marriage, and is supposed to be the time where you are willing to settle down and start a family. Basically it is where you are ready to become dedicated to your forming family.
    At my age, going to turn 20, I really have no interest in marriage at the moment mainly due to me still wanting to explore the world and fulfill my dreams before I settle down. I do truly love my boyfriend and can see a life with him, but it's too soon to think of marriage.
    I feel that marriage is what a couple puts into it to make it work. Though that's just my opinion

• i don't really care, I'm only for marriage if it is done for the right reasons. it's not something that you should enter into without thought. unfortunately a lot of people these days don't think before they do.

• yes, I would love to get married with my Mr right. its a big commitment, If you not sure about it, then you should not go into a marriage, its your life, Whatever your choice is, be happy!

• its a lot of work but its the highest form of commitment before making a family.

• I'm totally against it. I don't belive in marriage. My mom had two husbands and it didn't work out with none of them.

I don't want to marry, but my sisters say that I will be the first to be married. I think it's impossible because they are all older than me and, they all have boyfriends but they still believe in this idea.

• I'm definitely for it