How long should I wait?

My boyfriend thinks we should wait 20 years to get married to make sure it lasts. At first I thought it was a joke so I said OK but I have been dating him for over two years and we have been living together just over a year. I just don't think I should have to pay for his ex-wives. Yes he has been married twice before. I have been married once. I don't mind waiting but for 20 years? Come on, that's too long. Should I tell him I want to get married or just wait it out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with Allmixedup,.....

Also, if you waited 20 years, what would be the difference of actually being married. He seems to have serious commitment issues.

Be straight with him, let him know how you feel (if he has issues and you want to work through them with him, up to you),... and if he can't commit to making you a part of his life, then I would consider moving on.

What Guys Said 2

• Darlin, tell him to put up or shut up...If he has been married twice before, that's a good indication he has some issues with commitment...You owe it to yourself to get away, well, take a day with your friends and reflect...

• You two should make it clear to each other what is the significance of "marriage" and why it does/doesn't matter.

What Girls Said 2

• Well he has been married 2 times. 3rd is a charm they say. I completely understand how he feels. He just wants to make sure, that's it. Who wants to get married and divorced, married and divorced. He wants to cut away from that. He is trying to make things right. There is no harm in waiting. Maybe he is exaggerating just a little. Waiting is definitely better then getting a divorce within those 20 years , don't you think? Put your feet up, don't stress about marriage. Don't push it just let it happen, you would be surprised.

• I say to get married!! there's no way that you should pay for his ex wives failed marriages..if he can't let that go and give you HIS best than don't waist ur time.........