What is he waiting for?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 and a half years now. I'm 19 and he's going to be 22 in December. We have always grown up together and have known each other for a long time. We have been thinking about getting engaged for awhile now. Before he said after I graduated school. So I did..now he is saying after my first semester in college..and I said I can't wait till December he said why..i said because my first semester will be over..and he's like..oh I thought it was over next may..so here I thought he was ready and he still isn't! Like is he really serious about getting engaged or not? Please help

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• in college, I see plenty of freshmen break up there relationships! but also, I see other relationships stay together! its better to wait, you never know what might happen. enjoy and experience the college life because you are still young and things can change easily.

• You guys are too young. You're only 19! Finish being young first. I used to be just like you. I've been with my boyfriend since we were 14 and 15 (mid 20's now) and I am so glad we waited until now.

Be with your family, be young, have fun. If he proposes then decide then but don't push.

Live first. Plus you have only been together a couple of year. You'll both be changing a lot in the next few years, let your relationship grow first. Finish college especially! You don't want both going on at once. That's going to put a damper on it.

• Im so much different then other girls though. My main goal in life is to be a wife and a mother. That's all I want. I don't like hanging out with friends, I rather be at home watching TV or with my boyfriend. Which also sucks because I set myself up to be hurt just in case we do fail..idk..but I plan on finishing college..but I don't mind if I get married before I finish. And its just so confusing because he was telling me he wanted to get engaged..idk.