How to get my long term boyfriend to propose?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost five years now. We have lived together for about three and a half years or so. I am ready for the next step, but, how do I get him to do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Have a conversation about him. Ask him what his views on marriage are and whether or not he thinks marriage might be the next step for the two of you.

What Guys Said 2

• Try changing your activities to drop indirect hints at what you want him to think in terms of popping the question...don't bring it up unless he does, that's a last resort

• It's a bad move to get your boyfriend to propose if he doesn't want to. Just try to be happy. You can bring up the topic of marriage and see he's views. Trying to get him to propose isn't going to help anything.

What Girls Said 2

• You can't make a guy do anything. He needs to decide to do it on his own.

Have you two talked about marriage already? More importantly and specifically - did you talk about it before moving in together?

And you do realize that by moving in with your boyfriend without him 'putting a ring on it' just elevated your divorce rate if you do end up getting married...

Good luck.

• Stop sleeping with him

"No guys' gonna buy the cow when it's handing out the milk for free"