How did you meet your significant other?

I find it cute these stories...if you want to share your story, feel free to do it... Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I met my wife online.

She and a friend had a fun wager in place about putting personal ads online, so they did AOL Personals way back when. I have a hobby collecting funny single's ads (favorite: "Housekeeper wanted for cleaning and cooking. Marriage highly possible.") and came across hers. It wasn't funny at all, but I thought she was cute and I thought, "What the hell?" So we started writing.

Two weeks later we had our first date.

Four days later we had our second date and had sex.

Four months later we were living together.

One month later I proposed.

Five months later we were married.

That's a ten month window from first date to marriage for any who are counting. We've been married 8 years.

What Guys Said 12

• In college; we were in chem lab. She was on my left and accidentally set my lab coat on fire during an experiment.

• hey...sorry I've never been in a relation but just wanna ask "what's the purpose of question?".

Good question though. It'd be really fun to read others' stories. I m pleased the you didn't ask for tragic ones..lol.

take care

• As I said, I like these stories, I find it cute...so it's intersting to me to read it, so that's the reason I asked

• God gave her to me. Which is why she doesn't exist.

• It was the first day of summer school. I didn't know anyone in my class, but there was a girl that sat to the left of me (she was on the left side of the room, I was in the middle) that... I don't know how to explain it. I just knew that I needed to talk to her and get to know her. I am really shy though, so this was a bit of a problem.

At lunch, I was sitting at a table (by myself), looking for anyone I might know from my school when I noticed that she was standing nearby. She asked if she could sit down (to which I obviously replied with 'yes'), and from that point on, we spent every lunch together.

We started dating a little over a month later. =]

• she came up to me in art class in the 10th grade and asked me if she could sit where I was sitting so she could talk to her friends, and I just said "no" just like that. she tried again the next day and I felt bad for having been so rude so I said yes that time. she eventually just stopped talking to her friends and sat next to me instead and we talked a lot. I didn't think I had a chance with her though. I had to watch her go out with an other guy. then when the school year was over we kept talking but only when she called me. and then we didn't talk for a whole year.

we started talking again a little more than a year ago cause I got my first cell. we hung out, got to know each other, and started going out a little more than 6 months ago. it took her 3 weeks to tell me she loved me, it took me 3 weeks and one day.

and now I love her like I've never loved anyone before, never even believed in love before she came along.

• met at a summer camp. we were both counselors there.

stuff goes down at summer camps whether people realize it or not. I went there with the intention of not hooking up with anyone... and I was pretty good about holding myself to that until I started hanging out with her more when we had free time... she made the move because she realized I wouldn't. I found out later she also intended not to hook up with anyone that summer... but we did. now we're dating.

• Not my current Girl Friend but the first one and the best story.

FOJ party. Met her in the food line. She was my best-friend's Sister-in-Law. So I didn't really pay much attention. (off limits, you know) But then I ran into her at a bowling alley and lost my head and just asked her out. She said she didn't want to answer right then and went out side. I followed her to her car and kissed on her on the cheek (face. you knew what I meant) from behind right before she got in her car. She turned around and we kissed on the lips. Just then an old dude walked by towards the Bowling alley. He stopped and wolf-whistled super loud. We were both pretty embarrassed but she accepted my date :)

• Met her through facebook 3 years ago. She used to live in England and I live in Bangladesh.We chatted online for 1.5 years and then she came to Bangladesh with her parents. Then we met. Then I got a crush on her and on 31st August 2009, I proposed to her and she said yes. And we are together till today. :)

• We met on the internet. I lived in California and she in Virginia. I invited her out to Ca and we hit it off.

• Nothing very interesting or funny. I met her through mutual friends at a party.

• I was friends with him long before meeting her. She invited me over for his surprise birthday party. We kept in touch via e-mail then she invited me over for poker at their house. When he left to go get some food, that was the moment I remember vividly. She told me "What Xxxxxxx doesn't know won't hurt him" and I replied with "Does that go for everything?"

• I met her in my dreams. I'm still searching for her now...

What Girls Said 7

• On my first day of university, I met a girl in the hall outside my chemistry class. She started chatting with me and invited me to sit next to her in class. When we got to our seats, she told me she had to save a seat for her friend, Phill. She ended up saving the seat in between us. She introduced me to him when he showed up and he sat next to me, but I felt kind of awkward so I excused myself and went to sit a few seats back with a girl I knew from my residence. But Phill and the girl who introduced me to him ended up being in the same program as me, so we had pretty much all our classes together and we became friends. Phill and I were both in relationships, so we were just friends for the next 3 years. I had always thought he was really cute and had a great personality, so when we both ended up single, I made my move and we've been dating for four years now and are recently engaged. :)

• he was the bartender at the hotel I was staying at. I thought he was cute, but he thought I was interested in a friend of mine that also worked at the hotel. We flirted all the time but we were both to shy to do anything more. Finally I asked him if he wanted to meet us at a bar the one night, hoping he'd get the hint that I liked him. Him and his roommate met my friends and I there. I said something to him and he pretended not to hear me, so when I leaned in closer to repeat myself he kissed him...tricky guy :)

• I think this is my least fav part about my relationship.. But here it is.. I dated a guy for 4 years he was a ass hole we fought all the time and he was a dead boab living off me. Well he finally got a job, 2 weeks after he got the job I broke up with him. About 6 months later we were hanging out and he had a guy he worked with, with him. This other guy and I started Free styling battling back and forth and well from then on this other guy and I kicked at least once a week for a year just got to know each other became great friends never fooled around then decided to start dating. Its now almost been a year into dating and he is the best guy EVER, never in my life have I met someone who cared so much about me, and always finds a way to keep a smile on my face.. So I met my current boyfriend through my jackass Ex boyfriend.. They were sorta friends so I felt a little bad but they were really only work buddies and well I'm sure you know how the rest ended up..Is this bad?

• We met my seventh grade year at Falls Creek (church camp). We never really forgot about each other even though we lost touch. The summer before my freshman year in high school, we met at church again and started talking. It wasn't until after church camp that summer did we become best friends. We talked every day even though we went to different high schools. It was all down hill from there. He suprised me when he took one of our jokes and turned it into a kiss. The next night, I was going to tell him that we could not be friends with benefits, but I didn't have time. He called me later that night and asked me to be his girlfriend.

• I met him in college, we're both theatre majors and we were in two classes together my first semester. I liked him as soon as I met him that fall, and we started dating the next summer.

• We met in biology and band :-) we just started talking, and it went from there

• in elementary school. he was super annoying and took all my crayons, glue, etc. and he asked stupid questions like why is my nose so different from his? (he's irish, I'm asian). what a loser, and he wore stupid star wars t-shirts and had super long hair that covered his eyes. then 12 years later we meet randomly at another state and decided we knew each other and married each other a 1/2 of a year later. the end.