Is it me or is everyone in a rush to get married nowadays?!

I don't necessarily mean EVERYONE, but I know SO many people that have gotten engaged. Wouldn't be so bad, except that most of them are still in or just out of high school and probably haven't even truly been in love yet.

I mean, I'm not downing marriage by any means. But when I see people my age and younger planning weddings is shocks me. I'm not exactly against it, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't want to be married any time in the next couple of years.

Most Helpful Guy

• marriage is overrated, live life how you want without someone keeping you down.

• *BEST ANSWER*

• Agreed.

It's also the only answer that makes any sense whatsoever.

What Guys Said 1

• Wise. This maybe something you want to read and gain further insights, on women's infidelities. Some people learn from others' mistakes, some have to have life teaches them, through personal experiences, to learn from the same mistakes others made.

Women's relationships today follow a very predictable pattern:

They push men for commitment

They get what they want

They lose interest in sex

They become attracted to someone else

They start cheating

They become angry and resentful

They begin telling their partners that they need time apart

They blame their partners for their behavior...and eventually, after making themselves and everyone around them miserable for an indefinite, but usually, long period of time, they end their relationships or marriages.

My story: Shortly after my 27th birthday, I began to feel very different. I had been happily married for 4 years and then, suddenly out of nowhere, I began feeling bored and unhappy. In an attempt to figure out what was causing my unhappiness, I looked for answers in books, tried to talk to my Mother and eventually went to see a psychologist. All of the information I received attributed the way I was feeling to my husband, and similar to the majority of women, I began to view my husband as the culprit too.

... full article >>>> link

• If you can't connect the dots, feel free to ask.

• It 's not that I can't connect the dots. It's just that your answer has nothing to do with my question and it sounds a lot like spam.

• If you have made the connection and read what I said "if you want to gain further insights..." it wouldn't appear to you as spam.

What Girls Said 2

• Me too lol

seriously I don't want to get married anytime soon or even the next couple of years because I want to finish university,get a great job,be apply to stand for myself in any cases and be mature enough to create a great family.. I'm not surprised that people in my age or even younger then it are married or something..

They just wanted that & saw themselves ready for it.

• I agree. I don't see marriage for myself at all in the future. I see myself being in a stable relationship, with a family, just the whole wedding and marriage concept to me is wasted. It's a huge jump from relationship to marriage. I feel that if the relationship can progress without the pressures and stresses of marriage, over time a relationship can grow to be like that of a married couple. A lot of marriages I see that seem perfectly stable, just collapse, there just doesn't seem to be much promise in the marriage field. Also, what you mentioned about younger people getting married and jumping into adulthood, I recall when I was a freshman in high school, there was a junior who got pregnant with twins and dropped out to be 'housewife' and she became engaged to her 'baby-daddy,' The marriage lasted throughout the pregnancy and until about three months after the birth. They split-up because they couldn't handle being married and being parents. Not more than five months later she was talking about her new "serious" boyfriend, about five more months an they were engaged, they didn't even make it to marriage before they split up. I just feel like if you're out looking for marriage-life and family-life you're going to be disappointed rather than if you just let it happen naturally.

• You hit the nail on the head! I'd love to be someone's "wife" in the future without having to get legalized.