How to know if you found a girl that you really want to be with?

I am trying to figure out how I will know if a girl is the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. Don't want to say the "right" one, because that carries a lot of weight and a romanticized meaning. But like the question says everybody can answer, but mainly want opinions from those who are married or engaged.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not married or engaged, so I don't know how valuable this is to you. But I think there's honestly no "right" or "wrong" way to tell. For some people, it's just a feeling that they're completely in love and find everything about their partner so beautiful, nothing better is imaginable or everyone else pales in comparison. For others, it's a matter of just feeling totally comfortable and calmly "satisfied" in a relationship. Yet for others, just the security of being in a committed relationship with someone is enough.

I think we have to define what "settling down" means for ourselves as individuals, how long we're willing to go out and try to find the "perfect" partner, and to what extent we are willing to settle with something less than/different from our expectations.