How do you guys view marriage?

Just want to see people's Views about Marriage !

• Support it
  • Against it

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm certainly not against marriage, but I see it more as something that's nice but not necessary.

A lot of people view marriage as a symbol of love and commitment. But a lot of people get married and cheat on each other, or get married for reasons other than for love. On the other hand, some people are incredibly in love and committed to each other, but never get married. In that sense, marriage does not necessarily = love and commitment, and you don't need marriage to have love and commitment.

My partner and I love each other deeply and are very committed to each other. I don't need a ring on my finger, a ceremony, or a piece of paper for that, so I'd be fine with us never getting married.

I'd still like to get married, however. But to me, I see marriage as a way to make that commitment we already have to each other---the promise we've already made to each other (to spend our lives together, stay committed, love each other, support each other through both good and bad times) public. Having a wedding ceremony would be a way for us to publicly tell our friends and family, "We've made this commitment and promise to each other and we want you to support us in it", and for our loved who attend our wedding to say, "We recognize this commitment and promise that you're making to each other and we're here to support you through it".

What Girls Said 3

• i think its beautiful if your in love and its a show of that to everybody. but... I haven't been married being 16 and my parents weren't either but I respect it :)

• Sure thing ! marriage in a young age I'm against that ! but as long as its at the right time and at the right age I find it a normal step in life! some people say marriage is in the favour of the girls more than the guys ! :D but I view it as a modern step for a man to have a healthy loving family =) for instance we Armenians never divorce, once we get married we stay till the end =) so everyone here gets married ha ha ! I just wanted to see more into the western mind =) Thanks ! x

• I want it later in life and I really want to be a bridal wear designer but I wish that marriage rate would increase.

• no. I'm not doing it. I'm not interested in having my body on call for someone elses consumption. marriage leads to emotional blackmail. 'you married me so..'

What Guys Said 4

• Unless its true love, its unbreakable shackles, that tighten around your neck until it suffocates you to death.

• I'm against marriage until they update the divorce laws and make them fair towards men and women and not just favor the women.

With so many women cheating now days it just isn't worth me losing my house, savings, retirement fund, children to a wife could cheat on me and take it all just because I earn more than her.

Now days most women have no right wearing a white wedding dress either.

• i want to get married someday

• What are the alternatives, modern marriage live like you are married. Most marriages fail within 7 years. Marriage is the no1 cause of divorce...

• Hahaha ! well since there are a lot of other options I considered putting only these two ! thanks for your time dude =)