Ladies, is marriage important to you?

if so, why is marriage important to you?

Security? Money? Protection? anything?

thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its the stability. It's a commitment.

Most guys are scared to commit. Girls just want the relationship to stay the same, to keep things together, to love men the same way as they have been loving them, to keep being in love. And that's what marriage is meant to symbolise - showing a commitment to loving each other and keeping the relationship together.

I mean you can do it without marriage. you can do it if you make a commitment between yourselves, but for some people the marriage is like the proof. Its also declaring to other people your commitment to each other. So if you have to do something in public (like a whole wedding ceremony) you must mean it. Well that's how it goes for most people. Some people run away or get scared of the altar, or later divorce, but generally getting married is such a big commitment for most normal people, that they take it very seriously. so you get your proof that someone loves you, if they want to marry you they must love you very much.

So for both the man and the woman, its giving up their freedom to be intimate with other people, and stating the fact that they are choosing this person, over anyone else, because they think they are the best person they know. That this person knows them best and they want to live their lives together because they trust them more than anyone else in the world, and that they are there to support each other

What Girls Said 6

• Marriage isn't important to me, but commitment is (if I meet someone I want to spend my life with, which I already have).

Marriage does not equal commitment. Many couples get married and get divorced or cheat on each other. Many people don't get married, but stay together for their entire life and are faithful.

My partner and I are very committed to each other. We already live together, support each other, share our finances. We love each other deeply and have already promised to spend our lives together. A piece of paper or a ceremony is not going to make that any more true.

That said, we do plan on having a wedding ceremony. To us, a wedding is about making the promise we've already made to each other public, by sharing it with our friends and family and asking them to support us in this promise/commitment. In attending our wedding, our friends and family are witnessing this promise and agreeing to support us throughout our relationship.

• Right now, marriage is not something I'm thinking about. I'm more concerned about finishing college this year and going on to grad school. Then I want to get a career figured out. After all that, then I'll start considering marriage. I know I definitely want to get married. I want to have a family, have children, basically build a life with someone else.

Marriage, to me, is the ultimate commitment. The person who I marry is choosing me to be with forever (in therory) over everyone else and vice versa. I think that's a nice concept.

• Real love is the only reason I would get married for, and nothing less. I have been asked a couple of times and said no because I wasn't in love with them, one offered me the world he had a good job, and told me I would never have to work, however as good as that might of sounded I was not in love with him, so the money meant nothing without love.

• Marriage is not the first thought on my mind at the moment. Right now it's more important to me to graduate college start a career, explore the world, and own the house and land I've dreamed about. I do hope someday to get married and have a family. I want to have stability myself and then marry someone who is also in conrol of their life. I don't really see it as about money, security, or protection but as a companionship. It's nice to have a teammate and someone to live your life with.

• no.I'm not doing it. I'm not interested in having my body on call for someone elses consumption. marriage leads to emotional blackmail. 'you married me so..'

• For now no...but I don't know how I'll feel about this in the future.

What Guys Said 0