Why he doesn't propose to me?

We are together for two years and a half, we live together, but he just can't make this step, and I really, really want it, all of our friends are married ore engaged, but he just doesn't make anything. I've told him that this is what I wish for, but nothing happened. I would really like to know what is in his head, maybe somebody can help me out with this! Thank you so much!

Most Helpful Girl

• I also think that a good way to get a guy to propose is to make him want you more than anything and feel like if he doesn't marry you, he'll lose out on something that is worth it. Try communicating with him again because "It will happen" is not going to work with you and you need to explain the reasons why you feel it's the right time to get married. Getting married at the age that you are is good because at this age you finally understand each other and you can get along perfectly. If you get married at this age, everything will fall into place and the level of understanding is the same for the both of you at this age. The older you get, the stronger the opinions are and this can lead to differences in opinions. He probably just needs a romantic push and a reminder of reasons why you picked him and why he picked you. Go back to a perfect moment and talk about it with positive intentions (I don't think you have any negative ones anyways). Look him directly in the eye and say I love you and I want to do my best to keep you happy now and after marriage. It sounds like a proposal but an in-depth love needs some poetry and romance.

What Guys Said 2

• "...I really, really want it..." "...I've told him that this is what I wish for..." > What about what he wants. Obviously he doesn't feel the same way. Why do you want to get married? "...all of our friends are married or engaged..." > I hope that's not a reason. He does not need any kind of a push. He does not need to be manipulated into thinking he'll lose you if he doesn't commit. This is a sleazy way of getting someone to marry you. Wouldn't you rather he marry you because the feeling is mutual between the two of you? I've know of many people who said they didn't want to get married they break up then 6 months to a year one later their getting married to someone else. The truth is it's not that he is afraid to commit it's that he doesn't want to commit to you. If your not both on the same page and you feel this is something you need then you should find someone else who is willing to give you what you need and not force or demand the person your with to marry you.

• Well that's a good point...and why does he lies to me? Don't you think that he is wrong? I mean... I would like to know if he is serious about our relationship and if we will have a future or not...and if the answer is "no", we can save some precious time both of us, and we can start searching for what we really want. But I really don't understand...he knows that this is what I want, he promised me this...and he keeps telling me he can't live without me...But...

• ...not what the child can do for the parents in terms of motherhood or fatherhood or leaving a legacy. Think about it.

• I guess you're not married, because I've noticed that guys who are unmarried have the same opinion with you, and guys that are having a family support my opinion! But it's good to have some answers for someone like you, I've got you're point, maybe it is his point too.

• If you want it that bad, do what my fiance did and propose to him.

What Girls Said 3

• What did he say when you told him what you want? You have to be clear and firm. Two and 1/2 years is a good amount of time to get to know a person and wonder if you want to get married to someone. If you're living together then that's a big step, so you're one step away from marriage. I think he needs to propose and you need to let him know straight out. Ask him why he hasn't and what needs to happen for him to take this step. Talk about it and see if you can solve his problems/insecurities so that he can take that step.

• It's a good answer,but we've talked, or I have to say..I've talked...because he never answers with something clear, he always says...It will happen... but..nothing...so I dn't know what he's afraid of, I was hoping that maybe you can help me to find out what is in his mind, I have to say that we're living together for almost two years and we love one another like in our first day...how can we solve this if he doesn't talk about it?

• If time is running out for you, I suggest you find a way that he'd be comfortable with. Take him to the spot where you first met, someplace romantic, or someplace significant and remind him of the good memories and how you guys are ready to take the next step. Guys always need the push in a soft but firm way. Remind him that you guys are in love and explain the reasons why a marriage would be the best for the both of you. It seems like he needs to open up and and explain why he's afraid.

• make sure he wants to get married first...and just wait it takes time. It might happen when you least expect it

• Well maybe this is to much for him, maybe he want's to take it slow ,or he might be scared.