What do you think about civil unions and or gay marriage?

I am asking because IL just had a bill passed by the senate and house of the state with regards to it.

Kind of interesting how not one person was against it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people who are against it are selfish. Two people getting married to make them happy isn't hurting anyone. If you're grossed out by it then look away but they don't cast judgment when a straight couple is together so why deprive them of that same respect? I think that when the bible was written they didn't anticipate gay couples let alone the same sex marrying so that's why things were written the way that they were. I think that God loves everyone, I mean he did create everyone, so why hold marriage to a certain standard and blame it on God and his "views" even though no one can actually ask him what he thinks today so they really have nothing to go off from. I think the only qualification for two people to get married is love.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't know why politics should determine what human nature should be is a short answer to this. I'm a heterosexual female and I have a ton of friends who aren't so the rights of those who are non-heterosexual have been suppressed for a long time now and that's not right. homophobia is not right.

In terms of civil unions, I have no opinion on that one.

• Because of my religion, I don't agree with homosexuality, but I think everyone has free will & I have no right to tell someone how to live. As a Christian, I think God should be apart of marriage, but not everyone feels this way. If the law passed that gay marriage was legal, I wouldn't cry about it. It's not like these people weren't already together, they just not have the same benefits other couples do. Just because I don't agree with homosexuality doesn't mean I don't think anyone should have more rights than anyone else. I think gays should be able to join the military & have the same rights in marriage. I however, do disagree with adopting children if you're gay because I think children need a mother & father. That is just my opinion though...

• I can't think of any good reason why gay people should not be allowed to get married.

• There's other more important issues in the world for our government to care about this BS. They want to have a separate church and state, so they should abide by their own laws for once. I honestly don't care who anyone else wants to marry because that is their life. I read the paper and I kind of found it BS that they will allow certain things for women-women union, and certrain things for male-male bs because you know that they are going to start throwing the gender card out there and saying it is generalizing and not fair. It will never end, and it's a waste of time, they should just let it go. What I'm confused about is that most people get married by a priest, and that is against most religions, so how is that going to even work? I guess city hall marriages are happy.

• It's about bloody time it was passed. Utterly ridiculous that the government decide on love andhuman nature. Ugh x

• amor et amor: love is love. I think people should be able to marry the same gender because they love they love each other. Though I would prefer to see a straight couple kissing and not a gay couple

• All for it. Don't see what the big deal is.

• I don't agree with any of it, but I also feel it's a person's own choice to choose how they want to live.

• i'm all for it. There's no reason not to be

• People who want to be together and be officially, legally married should have that right. It's between the two partners, no one else.

What Guys Said 6

• I;m for civil unions, even though they're often so temporary, even more so than modern marriages!

But I think historically marriage has been about a man and a woman. It's like suddenly insiting that beverages made of hops should be called wine. I mean, you can call beer another name if you want, but isn't it strange to call it wine?

• i think that if you're against it because you hate gays then you're an oppressive bastardised soul.

if you're against it because it goes against your religion then you're an idiot as you believe in religion.

• whoever wants to get married should be allowed. pretty sad this is still a debate.

• I don't.

• I think I'm sick of LBGT sh*t. Give them the same rights as straight people already.

• I'm supposed to care about other men poking each other in the booty-holes?