How important is marriage to you?

Personally, it's not important at all to me. I find it old fashioned and outdated. I'm not against it at all, I'll happily attend a wedding but I couldn't care less for marriage.

I don't have to prove my love by a certificate.

How about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• The institution of marriage, the whole piece of paper thing I could care less about. But the idea is what intrigues me the most, it's like the ultimate challenge.

Having witnessed so many divorces (my parents, friends, turn on the TV it's everywhere), I think that it gives me more motivation to never give up on my future partner. Too many couples give up too early and don't communicate enough. Marriages could be saved if people would just put in the effort. Marriage still holds a lot of meaning to me.

• Aw, that's lovely :) I don't think I'll ever get married. My mum and dad aren't married and they're together :)

• Yep. Don't need a legal marriage. Need commitment and communication required for one though.

What Guys Said 5

• I am still young-I've always been told a marriage is what you do when you get older, so my opinion is biased-I thin a verbal agreement of love should come before the marriage, but the marriage is a nice way to show that someone wants to truly go that further step.

• it's overrated

• I think that it is a very sentimental moment for lots of people that like marriages and also it's not just to have a certificate I also proves that u r husband and wife so if he cheats on you while ur "married" he can just say he wasn't married

• I'm guessing I'm one of a very few guys who actually wants to get married one day then. I'm not gonna lie, it's important to me.

• If you plan on having kids and raising a family I would say marriage is important.

Otherwise, do what you want (as long as it's legal).

• My mum and dad aren't married. And obviously, they had me. I don't plan on getting married but not being in wedlock won't stop me' from having kids if I want x

• I said important, not necessary. You can do whatever you want and believe whatever you want. You asked for opinions so I'm just telling you mine.

• Yes I know that. X

What Girls Said 4

• I don't really care for marriage. It's not for me.

• It's not important to me at all. Even though I love attending weddings, I do think it's a bit out dated and over rated.

• very important. I want to get married and have kids

• I agree. I don't want it too.