How do you I get my boyfriend to propose??

ok so I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 19 (20 next month) wev been officially together for 18 months, but wev been friends since we started highschool, (he started a year b4 me but wen I started from then wev been friends)... things by the way us at the start of our relo wasn't easy but we workd threw it. ill add that earlier this yr, I got pregnat but because of school I aborted the pregnancy, he said then he wld propose and make us family if I wantd. Ever since then, I just want to marry him! I duno how to bring it up because I don't wana force him to propose, what are sum subtle hints? he's already given me a promise ring... if that means anything... thanks! any suggestionw welcome, and adivce bout marriage or anything I'm willing to listen to everything :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I don't know how to make a guy propose. If a guy really likes you he will just propose. My guy really liked me and he kept on talking about marriage and saying stuff like "whenever you want to get married just let me know" and "I want to be able to make you the happies girl and marry you and continue to make you the happiest girl". He casually asks me if I would marry him and I didn't say anything, and then I asked him if he would marry me and he said YES in a heart beat. Anyways the actual proposal was over skype (we had a long distance over sea type relationship) he tried convincing me for an hour how it would be like when we got married, and I asked him questions for 2 hours to make sure he was marrying me for the right reasons, then I said yes. But anyways... marriage is a serious thing and we got married when we were both 24 and done with some college, both had full time jobs and money, and were pretty independent plus we knew who we were and who each other was... I think marriage is very serious and I had cold feet the whole entire 3 months we were engaged before we got married.

What Guys Said 4

• He was only going to marry you while you were pregnant, and ONLY if you wanted to. As you stated. Not that he actually wanted to. And no, I HIGHLY do not suggest you trapping him with a pregnancy to get him to marry you. As he would utterly despise you. No male wants to become a dad at this age. Most women become pregnant around this age regardless if they wanted to, or not. But, typically it's because they were married and then they became pregnant. Or they got married because they got pregnant. And didn't actually want to be married to that person. Only because of a child. Hence the high rate of divorce's these days. And plus, people are also too easy to stray.

• Damn, you're a f***ing stupid girl. You're not even done growing up and figuring out who you are, but you think you've found the guy you should be with forever? Dumb people like you are the reason the divorce rate is so high. If I was your boyfriend and heard you wanted to get married so young I would dump you for being psycho. /rant

• christ...

• Well... all I got to say is what the hell. You didn't think before you acted. I wouldn't suggest getting married but its up to you. He will propose when he feels its right. Remember to be honest to yourself , think about the future HONESTLY.You're still just a child ( no offence) And you can't expect to make the right decision if you don't think yet your only clouded by love.I would say slow down cause being fast-like in a relationship only leads to failure. 18 months isn't even 2 years... Perhaps you've become over active in your love. You should wait that's all I can say you don't get married over a year.

What Girls Said 7

• You're still both children. I'm 20 and I still feel like a child.

18 months is NOTHING. You have no idea what he'd be like to live with, as a husband, as a father... he's a teenager, you both are, and I'm afraid you have no idea what kind of responsibilities you'll be facing in a few years.

It's people like you making these decisions that brings up the divorce rate. What's wrong with being together and not being married? What the hell will marriage do for your relationship except for trap you when you should be out living life?

• girl you need to relax and slow down. its nice you are with someone you want to be with forever, but 18 monthes isn't long at all and high school is a nice friendship, I have been with my boyfriend 3 and a half years and I have known him since he was born and I wouldn't dare try to force someone into marriage. you can't make someone want to marry you. when the time is right it will happen. also its not a rule where the man always has to propose a woman can do it also, if you want this so bad why don't you go for it? start the mood with a nice dinner at his favortie place or make a nice meal, candles , flowers, be romantic... I'm just sayin... doesn't always have to be the guy

• 18 months is not when you want to get married. have you lived together? did you go to school? live your lives? what do you have to offer in a marriage. I'm sure you till live at home with mom . you need to grwo up firt sweetie. and since you have the abortion has he veer brought up marriage again? probably not. amd I'm sure he only said he'd married you because that what he thought was the right thing to do for the baby. wait until youve been together for 2.5 to 3yrs before you start talking about marriage. if you guys re still together by that time then talk about marriage but not now

• You are so young to get married. I know it does not feel like it now, but down the road it will. Plus starting a marriage on a lie, "oops I'm having a baby" is not positive for you, him, and most of all the baby. Don't be selfish! If you do your life will most likely in up in a sh*t hole. Live your life a little and know very very few marriages at your age work out.

• I think the best way to bring it up is bring it up like it were a joke. ie.) Say you guys just had some awesome sex... afterward when your still all huffy and puffy, say "soo when we gonna tie that knot?" Or something alog those lines... that should bring up the convo and if it doesnt... play it off like you were kidding but DONT actually say that you were!

haha, or you could try saying " so you think its about time we upgrade that promise ring?

or... "I bet you would look so handsome in a tuxedo"... he'll ask where that came from and just simply say you had weddings on the brain (not necessarily yours though) ;)

Good Luck!

• dont rush it you are still young

• Men are simple – they want amazing sex. Give him something new and he will fall in love with you. I think that blow jobs are the most important thing when it comes to keeping a guy. seriously! I've just read jacks blowjob lessons and I my boyfriend fell in love with me like that again