She left because she didn't get a proposal. How to get her back?

We dated since 16. She told me she wanted to be married by 28, I was working on making that happen. I wanted it to be perfect.

She left and immediately is with another guy. She says she is angry and frustrated that the relationship was not going anywhere. Should I just propose? Should I move on?

I love her with all my heart and seeing her with another guy is killing me, especially knowing that if I had have just popped the question she would still be with me.

Do you guys think that this is a normal thing to happen in a relationship that started so young? I left the relationship for a bit when I was 20 and realized this was what I wanted. She never got that chance because she was hurt at the time I did.

After exploring life without us what do you think the chances of her comming back is. I was good to her.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's rebounding big time. Trying to do something to move on with her life and get past this and get past you. It's clear she felt frustrated with the relationship and felt it was going nowhere. Which is perfectly normal if you are going out that long. Any relationship should be progressing. She probably was afraid you would never want to marry her. So she is trying to move on.

Now it is also possible she needed to confirm her feelings for you were still the real thing, especially if you two have been together so long. This relationship is all you have ever known. She may have had doubts and just needed a bit of space from you to see if her feelings were real or if you two were together out of habit. And it's possible she was using the marriage thing as an excuse to get out of the relationship because of this.

Either way - it sounds like you should write her a letter, brief and to the point. Then give her bit of time to respond. Then the ball is in her court and you have done all you can do and you should have no regrets after that because if you are not together after that it is because SHE chose that - not you. And it is very important at the end of a relationship to have no regrets because they will haunt you when you try to move forward.

Good luck.

What Girls Said 4

• I would try to talk to her. Tell her you were stupid and needed that time away to figure out what you wanted. And you realized that it was her all along. Be really romantic. She will most likely come back, I can't see her staying with this guy, he is a rebound..

BTW What happened between you two? Are you still trying to get her back or what happened?

• Hello,

there should be no time limit on if and when you should propose/get married. this should not be a huge issue, if you are meant to be together then it will work with no marrage, or pressures, you would be happy as you are. things should fall into place naturaly. mabee her being with another man is just her being angry, and trying to make you feel jelous, but as much as you love her, this is wrong for her to do this, and you should move on, as the right woman would not put any pressure on you over marrage. people can become more obsessed with the thought of marrage and forget the real values of what it actualy means.

• How do you think she would react if I proposed now? She says she doesn't love this other guy yet, but she "really likes him" and that she never expected to have feelings for another man. I think this other guy came along at a time when she was feeling doubts about us and it made it easier to leave. I mean to be with someone else a month after stepping away from a ten year relationship is crazy isn't it?

• i think it mabee wrong to propose to her now, you both may love one another dearly, but I think if this was going to work she would be with you right now, I'm not doupting that she doesn't love you as you can carry on loving someone for months after a seperation. you need time to clear your mind and think if you want to try and get her back! if its meant to work out it will. you need to move on and enjoy your self in the mean time.

• let her work it out for a bit. and you should too...get another girl. sounds like this one wasn't rit for you if she's telling you what to do. but hey if she does breakup with the other guy and your not happy with your new girl then go for it! swoop in and propose to her...Notebook style lmfao that would be awsome

• MOVE ON! Don't let her manipulate you like that. If she honestly loved you, she would have waited for you to be ready. If I loved a guy, the way it sounds that you love her, I would never let him go for any reason in the world. Selfish for playing with you like that. Why do you want to be with someone who can leave instantly? Can you imagine if you make her upset when you are married, would she leave you then too? Move on to someone who is willing to love you back the way you love them.

What Guys Said 3

• If you will let her twist your arm in this situation, imagine the marriage?! When things go "wrong" or things are not her way she will blame you for it, and use everything against you until things are right by her standards. The fact that she is with someone else and might marry him soon due to the circumstances really says that the love she had for you didn't make any difference. SHE IS WITH SOMEONE ELSE. Even though she told you she wanted to be married at this age, she dumped you and started over?!?! That's a big load of BS. You popping the question will make no difference because she is BONING someone else. Stop putting "love" in front of common sense, stop communication with her, and move on to other girls out there. No one should be manipulated into marriage. This may not be a rebound, this may be a backup to accomplish her life long dream, and it seems that it doesn't matter who it's with.

• If she left that quickly to find another man then good riddance, she cares more about a ring of precious metal and a few "holy" words than she does for you.

Find someone else.

• Sounds like she's on a rebound, but you better act fast before she you lose her for good.. try writing her a letter like the one here ==> link