Should I leave my husband after only being married for 2 years?

My marriage was going so well until this past summer when my husband hunted down some old friends.These friends got him a job rehabbing old houses,my husband after awhile starting acting differently towards me,started yelling and screaming at me,calling me all kinds of names.He never once listened to what I had to say,always telling me to shut up,go with the flow.We started arguing every single day,he would not include me in anything he did,he went camping with these friends,hanging out everyday with them,I supported him for 3 years,he didn't work then until his friends got him a job.He calls me worthless,I told him yeah your right I am worthless,I no longer can support you,you have your friends to do that.He has walked away twice now,his clothes are still here,he still wants to be married,but he says all he wants me to do is stop bitching at him,how can I stop that when he doesn't talk to me about anything,his friends know more about what is going on in his life than I do.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not being treated the way you deserve. Here's some of my advice. Your man probably didn't feel okay that you were supporting him in the past. Yes, men won't tell you that. He might be taking out his resentment of that time, and his disappointment with himself, on you now that 's he's making money. Now he needs to put you down to level the playing field so to speak. It doesn't make sense to a woman. We think we're nice and helpful but in men's land that's viewed differently. Forget politically correct or fair here. A man's natural urge is to be a protector and provider for the woman in his life. If you take on his natural role, which you did, it makes him feel less of a man. Your man didn't respond in a very mature way which is his issue. You did the natural thing a woman does which is helping your man but it threw off the balance between being a man and a woman. Most men are not happy with themselves if they can't make money. Most men take out their unhappiness with themselves on the women they're with. What has this man really provided for you in your short marriage? What type of man do you respect and admire? Which of your needs has this man met ? Which needs doesn't he meet? What are his values? Is this man really the one you want to be married to: a man that couldn't support himself, his friends had to get him a job, and now he's yelling at you? His friends are obviously not a good influence but that's the people he hangs out with. What does that say about who he is? Much love to you in this difficult time.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, leave him. There is never a good reason to stick around when you're being abused. Is there a chance he's an alcoholic, and he's drinking more heavily now that his friends are in the picture? Regardless, leave him and don't look back.

• Hes basically treating you like sh*t but for no reason what's so ever that's crap in a marriage your supposed to love and support each other look at what he's doing I would leave him for sure your a better person and ment for someone who will respect and love you.The anonymouse girl said it all I would listen to her

• Yes you should leave him! I don't care if you have been married 2 years or 2 days, he has no right to talk to you that way and get away with it.

TRUST ME ON THIS! I was married for almost 11 years, got a divorce two years ago and have never felt better in my life - my ex husband treated me bad almost the entire time after a couple of years went by, sounds like yours now. Its amazing the clarity that comes with getting out of a rut!

DONT AGREE WITH HIM when he calls you worthless, either! That's just telling him he can say whatever he wants and you will take it, and then that teaches him to do it again when he feels like it.

Who cares what he wants and if he 'wants to be married'? You should think about what YOU want and I'm sure you don't want him to treat you like this anymore. Tell him that if he doesn't stop, you are GONE and mean it.