What does it mean when my boyfriend has planned a wedding in vegas and didn't even ask me?

We were planning a trip to vegas, I thought just to go have some fun. Then I read the room reservation and it said honeymoon suite on the strip. I had no idea that what he was really planning is to get married, after I told him on several occassions that I was not ready for marriage. is this insane and should I stay with him or not?

also, I asked him and he told that he knew I wasnt ready for marriage, he just wanted to see what would happen once we got there and that it was suppose to be a surprise.

Most Helpful Guy

• He thought that if he "put you on the spot" it would give you the "push" you needed to say yes. I honestly don't know his motives so I can't say whether or not it's worth leaving him over, but for now I'd act like it was no big deal. It could mean any number of things, some of which are signs that he's not worth your time, others aren't.

What Guys Said 3

• do you know for sure that he planned for you to marry, or have you inferred that from the name of the suite?

maybe it's just that he wanted to book a room with some extras and/or extra attention form the hotel staff ?

• I asked him and he told me that he knew that I wasnt ready, but he wanted to see what would happen once we were already there, he said it was suppose to be a surprise.

• All I mean is that it appears he likes you enough to want to marry you.

guys will take punts on actions which may be foolish or wrong, but might also be seen as romantic, depending on how it comes out.

• You're 36-45 years old. You're not getting any younger. When are you going to be ready? Never it seems. I'm going to be 27 next year, and I am definitely looking for THE girl.

• I don't mean to sound pessimistic Trixie but gee if I guy won't listen to you about something so serious he probably won't listen about anything else. He might have just been trying to be romantic but it's so far off base to go against what you plainly told him, and he's not a teenager where he might get a pass for not listening!

If you stay with him you have to keep your expectations down, I'm afraid.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like your guy doesn't listen! I am not sure marriage is something you can spring on someone, its not like a surprise party.

I think he is not thinking about you and your preferences and where you are right now, and is trying to pressure you into it - which is not fair (would not be if it was a girl doing this to a guy either).

• maybe he just wanted a bigger room, because the honeymoon suites are bigger right?

• I asked him and he told me that he knew that I wasnt ready, but he wanted to see what would happen one we were already there, he said it was suppose to be a surprise.

• Not sure, it could be you just scared or maybe it because you don't feel like he is the one you want to be with