My boyfriend wants to get more serious?

My boyfriend of 5 years thinks that after we graduate we should get more serious. He's even talked about kids. I don't know if I'm ready to get married and start a family. Don't get me wrong I love him, and wouldn't mind having kids!(; But I don't think I'm old enough, or ready for the responsibility.

How could I tell him this?

Or do you think I should just go for it?

hahaha I like how all guys are commenting on this.

it's kinda funny!

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all I would not recommend that! Your college years are supposed to be the best times of your life enjoy them while you can. Tell him that if everything keeps going the way things are going (sounds like they're going good) that eventually you'll end up settling down. Don't rush this kinda stuff because life's to unpredictable to make a commitment so early.

What Guys Said 6

• Just explain to him that you want to get your qualifications and have financial stability before starting a family, it's the logical and sensible thing to do so he should understand and agree.

• Why? Have you thought about the future? Your not even 18 yet. You have NO idea what its like to provide for yourself, let alone your boyfriend, plus kids.

• my boyfriends not exactly the smartest.

and I'm not planning on having a family until I get a better job than what I have now.

• Good, Once you get outa high school, and onto the street, provide you move out of your parents house, life changes, it can be good or bad, but you really don't want to start a family at 18-19 years old.

Im in the Army, so they still pay for most of my stuff, like my room, food, clothing, I don't have any bills except my truck payment, my internet, and cell phone. Just think about those things when we have to move out and start a family. Good luck!

• thank you for the help!

i know I'm not ready, I just need to tell him

• ... how old is this guy? I have never met a guy that wanted to settle down when he was under 18. You should finish college before you have kids.

• I think you should wait to you finish college and get your life started first then think about marriage and kids!

• If he's even talking about kids (and you admit he's not the smartest) he might try to have sex with you to get you pregnant. There are idiots like that out there. Wait until after college to even think about kids.

• I've dated him of and on for 5 years so I trust he's not like that. But you are right. I'm just going to tell him I'm not ready.

Thanks for the help!

• this is irrelevent but oh well

looks my wish on a star came true because uhh here you are ;)

What Girls Said 1

• i think it is really sweet that he is thinking about this stuff but you need to tell him how you feel. you both need to be ready and agree its the right time to get married and start a family