How early is it you can get engaged?

My cousin is 14 years old and she called earlier today telling me her boyfriend proposed to her. Isn't this kind of young, especially if they already broke up twice? If so do I need to explain to her that its too young or what? She also is hiding this from her parents.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is way too young and the odds are against her marriage happening, much less lasting. She'll realize what a rash decision she's made in time. Just support her in the meantime.

What Guys Said 4

• I have no idea where in the world you live, but in most countries, the minimum age is 18 without parental consent. If she's 14 and thinks of marriage, it's probably the first love craziness but I wouldn't worry too much if you ask me. If they've broken up twice, they will probably not last too long this time either, and quite certainly not long enough to get married.

If you tell your aunt and uncle, they'll probably blow it off and think it's cute, but there's always a small chance they're "romantic" enough to elope or something like that, so you might want to keep half an eye out in case she starts talking about Vegas ;P

• Lol Alright thanks :)

• Well, as long as you learn something, no decision is an entirely bad decision.

• True but thanks for all the help. :)

• That's dumbbbb. Tell her parents, they're her boss for a reason.

• You can get engaged at any age, you just can't get married. I was nearly engaged =]

• I think that when a couple is in their 30's is the time they should get married.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah 14 is definitely too young to be thinking about getting married. Luckily at that age they can't get married without their parent's consent anyway. And they'll probably break up again before they turn 18. Girls at that age tend to be very idealistic about romance and think that a puppy love situation is true love. She'll mature past it. Hopefully...

• It won't last I wouldn't even worry about it lol

• but it's not a series thing, so what does it matter