Do men like women who are "useless" ? (couldn't think of another word)

every woman I know who doesn't know how to do ANYTHING has a man (is married...and many with families). it seems like all the chicks I know who refuse to work and only stay home, can't cook (just mac and cheese or microwavable things or top raman), aren't too smart, don't plan on going to school, don't have a life plan or plan on working a day in their life have always had guys at their beck and call, and are now all married. but yet for some reason, I can cook so well I have been thinking of going to school to become a chef, am a licensed esthetician, take care of myself, am super nerdy smart, and I have never even been proposed to. my mother was that kind of woman, she can't do anything without a man's help. and well, she has never had a problem finding a man. my poor dad waited on her hand and foot until he died now she has NO idea how to live life without a man.

most of my friends who are in school, or have degrees, or who are just wonderful women...are single. most not by choice, and the weird thing is; whenever I meet a guy they act like what I'm doing in life isn't enough and call me lazy...so I don't understand really.

do men prefer women who are "useless" (sorry that's kind of harsh...) is it an ego thing? like, men like to take care of a woman who can't even take care of herself...? please give me your opinions! thanks! =)

Most Helpful Guy

• I can see what you mean by men liking to take care of a girl, that is true, but more in a protective way rather then a dominance.

Personally I love a girl who is smart, independent, ambitious, real turn on.

The "less ambitious?" girls get guys who like to dominate slightly, or feel they have an upper hand in the relationship (NOT ALWAYS TRUE).

I prefer having a lady who completely stands for 50/50 rights for everything and knows what she wants, but is not to over powering.

• less ambitious there you go, I'm not feeling well and am brain farting all over the place lol

• Haha well put.

What Guys Said 2

• It's an ego thing when the girl is more capable than the guy (more athletic, intelligent, ... etc). Otherwise, no, I'm fairly positive that men aren't look for a "useless", as you say, woman.

• Not useless... a better word would be semi-dependent or omega female. Some guys like women who are semi-dependent. It brings out feelings of protectiveness that are part of the base nature in men. It makes him feel strong and manly, protecting a weak and helpless female in a neolithic kind of way. However, a truly strong man seeks a challenge, someone to test his manliness, and he will seek out a strong Alpha female as a partner but still sleep with omega females to fulfill his biological nature of propagating the species.

So you have to ask yourself? Are you an Alpha female or an Omega?

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's men who don't want an equal, but instead want a dependent. It seems like a power thing. Men aren't all like that, but some are. Maybe most, I don't know. I did realize at some point that it was silly to pretend that I am less capable than I am to get a guy and it's worked out fine for me. Some guys really appreciate an independent girl who is successful in her own right and can think for herself.

• I just see a lot of women without college degrees (no offense to you - any kind of training after hs is respectable) and no obvious soft or hard skills with which to gain steady employment are always in a relationship or married. So yeah...I see what you see. I think a lot of men have low standards because it means that they don't have to set standards for themselves very high. No matter what they accomplish in life, (in their eyes) they are better than at least 1 person they know. Furthermore, I think that for each man like this, there is a woman out there who just thinks she needs to take care of herself, look decent, and give good head.

• LOL love the last sentance