Will He Ever Propose?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 4 years and living together for 1, we have a good relationship and can talk to each other about anything but as soon as I mention a future together he avoids the subject or asks me why the rush. Will he ever propose to me or is he to scared to?

We love each other so much but I really don't want to have to wait forever for him to decide.

Most Helpful Girl

• how old are you guys?

if he is saying, why the rush he might feel like he is too young to get married.

if he avoids the topic, he might not be thinking marriage.

I mean he has something good going already, you living with him is probably all he wants at this time.

If you raelly want a date set up, why don't you ask him what age he feels he will marry you. If he doesn't say and says he doesn't know, then you might want to reconsider your relationship. If he says maybe around this or that age, then you should wait for that time. good luck

• He is 27 and I am nearly 20

• well just ask him, does he give you a date of when he wants to get married? does he want kids? Let him know what you think and ask him to consider it. See what he says.

What Guys Said 1

• getting married is not really a wise or safe or practical decision for a man, if for any reason it go's sour his life is utterly ruined while you simply move on to greener pastures.

What Girls Said 2

• I would tell him that you know that he is uncomfortable with this subject but that it is important that he gives you an idea of when he will be ready for marriage. You are 20 so you do have some time. he, tho is 27 so you are kind of right for wondering why he isn't interested in that stuff yet. But give it some time. you two have been together for 4 years but if you are both committed for life then you shouldn't have much to worry about. Ask him when he will be ready for engagement/marriage/kids If he doesn't know it may be time to reconsider your relationship with him. Tell him that you love him and want to be with him but if he can't see himself with you than you need to find someone who does.

• I would ask how old is your boyfriend? I say this because I am in 20 years old but dating a man in his 40s. We've not been together long but he has already brought up engagement/marriage/children and what we both would like. I have dated a few guys and find that the younger they are the more panicked they get about actual commitment on paper! older guys have lived more and are less afraid to come straight out with their feelings and are more family orientated - this again is comparing my own relationships. I think your boyfriend is probably a little scared and its probably not that he doesn't love you enough or anything like that, but just a normal reaction for many guys to have. The best thing to do is communicate together and talk about what both of you want and tackle the fears that arise in the conversation. I wish you all the best x

• hiya, thanks for your answer, he is 27. We have talked about the future before and he has told me he wants to get married and have kids. So I guess that's a start x