What's most important to a girl in wedding ring?

What's most important to a girl in wedding ring? Does all the clarity, cut, brilliance stuff really matter, or is it all about the size?

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably depends on the girl and how much you have to spend. For instance, if you have $500 to spend then you'll probably get a tiny ring if you go with cut/clarity/etc. as well. So I'd go with size. If you have more than $3,000 to spend, then you have more options and I'd go with a combination. If it's too big at the sacrifice of clarity, then it looks terrible, gaudy, cheap. Something decent sized with quality.

If you can have it engraved or buy a certain shape/style that you know you're girl will love, those things are more important than both size and clarity. If it comes from the heart, that's what really counts the most.

What Girls Said 8

• When I get married I could seriously care less about the ring. I want a healthy, happy and lifelong marriage. An expensive ring will not make any of that happen. It's supposed to be a symbol of love, ... a connection. Not something expensive to show off. To me the symbol is more value than the price.

• Quality over size! A huge rock that hasn't got the clarity, cut, and colour is just that, a huge rock, not a beautiful diamond.

To be honest, though, if I love the guy enough to accept his proposal, I'm not going to care much about the ring. It could be an eighth of a carat and kind of yellowish and have specks in it, but if we love each other and that's what he can afford, then I won't mind in the slightest. Save the money for the wedding and honeymoon!

The three-months-pay rule is just a scam by the diamond companies and the jewelers, I can't imagine any woman worth being with will care as long as you spend proportional to what you can really afford.

• Remember 3 months pay is what it should cost that's rule of thumb something simple is always nice but she will still want to show it off to her girl friends!

• Rules for buying a wedding ring, what if I'm making the minimum wage, how am I gonna afford 3 months' wage for a ring when I have to pay bills too, isn't that supposed to be something symbolic that passed down to modern humans by the ancient Egyptians?

• Mostly it depends on the girl,

but for me it would just be nice just to get married and have a healthy and happy relationship. It's the thought that counts.

some girls think its all about the size to show of to their friends, but those girls are retarded. no offense.

But, if the girl really is into all about the ring, I think you should go with depending on how much money you have to spend, go for cut, and clarity, if that ends up being to much, go for something much smaller, just go for the cut, and then write like when you both started dating or something sweet on it. SHE'LL LOVE THAT! =]

• A wedding ring is a symbol of love and commitment. A ring is a ring. The more you spend on a ring for a person does not represent the value of that. You can't put a price on love or on happiness. Same goes for weddings. I think we all dream of that fairytale wedding, pulling out all the stops. But the fact of the matter is that whether you spend $1000 eloping in vegas, or spend $10,000 on a wedding .. you are no more married than the same people who get married at a justice of the peace. Love doesn't come with a price tag. It's growing together, sharing and making beautiful memories that last a lifetime. Priceless :)

• You can have a stone the size of your fist and if it does not have the 4 C's then you have a big stone.

• It's about the thought that matters

• I would want the guy to propose and then let me pick my own ring out as long as it wasn't gold id be happy a nice silver or white gold diamond ring lol

What Guys Said 3

• The bigger the rock the bigger the flaws. Its a trade off.

Shop around and begin to get an idea of what you can get for the money you have.

If she asks why it's so small you can always explain to her that you couldn't get her the huge ring because you really wanted to put a down payment on the house you were planning on getting.

If a girl complains about any type of ring you bought her, it probably wasn't worth buying.

• They always say that the size matters for everything else so I would imagine the size would matter when it came to the Rock as well!

• I think that a guy should buy as nice a ring as he can afford. After all, it's supposed to be a life-long commitment. However, in the end, it's the thought that really matters.