What's the worst break up you've ever been through?

What's the worst way you have ever broken up with someone? Or, what's the worst way someone has ever broken up with you?

Most Helpful Guy

• She broke up with me, by telling some mutual friends that I raped her. It was completely untrue, but they believed her. Naturally, she never went to the police or anything like that. Never filed a complaint or anything. Just told some friends of hers. But it terrified me that a persons reputation could be ruined so spectacularly by one spiteful person and one baseless accusation. It's literally the sort of accusation against which there is no defence. Except that those who really know you, might stand by you.

The crime itself is so hideous in our society (and rightfully so) that there is an automatic instinct to side with the girl. Especially when it is so hard to prove in a court of law anyway. It means that in the court of public opinion, the guy is generally guilty till proven innocent. It took years before people who had taken her side and believed the worst about me, came to realize what a pathological liar she was. Still, the damage had been done.

Without doubt, the worst break up I've had, and hope I ever have.

What Guys Said 5

• I've had two that were so bad I'm not sure which is worse.

First was the girl I lost my virginity to. Total attention whore and in retrospect I should have stayed far away from her, but she wanted to go to a rave and had been whoring around at frat parties, I wanted her to stop, so she gave me a CD of pictures, most of which were naughty pictures I'd taken and pictures of us, and the last 15 or so were pictures of her naked with other guys who she'd apparently been cheating on me with.

The other I'd been having a really sh*tty time, I'd dropped outta college, didn't have anything other than her, and she just abandoned me leaving me to try to kill myself because I felt like I didn't have anything to live for.

So yeah. Fun times.

• When a girl tells you she wants to marry you after dating for about 5 months and hearing her keep saying it for another year. Then dumps me and says she loves me but she doesn't think I was the one anymore. She told her whole family all the time every time she wanted to marry me. Her family loved me and despite me being hispanic and her being white. Her family even said I was considered a new member of the family on Thanksgiving day. I was going to propose to her 2 weeks after she left me. Just the way she would say things to me look at me and touch me there was just no way I would never have seen this coming.

• I fell in love, really in love, for the first time at age 20... but she was with a friend of mine. When they broke up, her and I started dating, and I think we knew from the start that we were to be together. We got engaged while in college, and while planning the wedding, just prior to taking a 4 hour drive to her parents for Thanksgiving (and visiting reception halls), she told me she was leaving me for a 40 year old she was having an affair with at work. I was devastated, and even cried to her mother on the phone that evening... her mother said she would straighten her out. It didn't happen... and 2 months later, I invited her out with friends to a basketball game... we looked into her eyes, silently left the restaurant, and slept together that night... the next morning, she said it was great, but I was wrong and we weren't back together.

Such a huge loss.. it affected me for such a long time after...

• I only had one. It was definitely my worst! :D

• I was very upset after the threesome I had with you and your sister, not with what happened though- Just upset that you both wouldn't date me and we had to keep it strictly sexual.

What Girls Said 2

• My last breakup was the worst only because it was my most serious relationship. But the worst way I've been broken up with, and this has actually been done to me three times, but they would just stop talking to me for about a week, then I'd get a text message saying that it wasn't working out, etc. I'm not sure why that has happened to me so much, because I actually take breakups pretty easy and don't get angry or anything, but they still chose to do it the gutless way. And that is what made me not like them, I actually could have been friends with them otherwise.

• the way he broke up with me wasn't bad. I mean, he sat me down and we talked. but what made it so horrible was that I loved him so much, you know?