How would you propose or want to be proposed to, when the day comes?

Girls, would you like a guy to bend on one knee and say something sweet before asking you? Would you be okay with doing the asking, or is that always the guy's job?

How would all of this go, ideally. And, if you're married, what was your proposal like?

Most Helpful Guy

• Never really thought about it(no point when I haven't even held a girls hand yet) but I would definitely make it as romantic as possible. I'm someone that likes romantic stuff. I would probably plan it out way ahead of time.

What Guys Said 6

• I I have three ideas.

One is if she spoke another laugage and If I got on the news then I would hold a sign saying1.it was once, "a boy met a girl of a different country which spoke a different language. The boy was the author and loved the girl. One day he went up in a news program and presented a sign in this foreign language.The sign said this message and finished with " will you marry me 'girls name'" .And the boy meant it it was not a joke. and therefore the boy asked that a friend to haveing the ring sit next to his device she watch at the program.The fact of duty pointed and took it out at this instant, otherwise, Phil your up." Phil being my best friend.

the second is if I found that she had a different shoe size then her sisters then I would come to her house with a glass slipper, having already told her family what I was going to do. I try the shoe on all of her sisster but It would not fit. when I get to her and it fit I would look up and say "so I have found my queen"

the thrid is to take her to the exact place I met her and say "this is were we said hello for the fist time, it was the most importent moment in my life so far. looking up at you I saw the face of and angel and said to myself 'I think she is the one I will marry'." get on one knee "will you prove me right?"

• some thing like this,

me: will you marry me

her: yes!

me: cool

her: oh and I don't want a ceremony with people there just us 2 oh and no reception either they are a waste of time and money plus no fun! lets spend it on our honey moon or on a house down payment instead.

me: hell yeah baby your rock!

her: I know, now let me suck you weener

me: sure

• i had a really cheesey vision of me winning a professional game (usually like game 7 of the world series) running off the field kissing my girlfriend lifting her up and proposing to her right there on the spot while we celebrate. she says yes and it is the most amazing part of my life ever.

that involves me finding the right girl and getting into the mlb in like 8-10 years so it is still in the works right now haha

• I'll imrpovise.

• Don't know if I want that day to come.

• I want her to hand me a signed prenuptial agreement that will let me keep my house and all my money. Then I will INSTANTLY get down on my knee and whip the ring out.

• Lol, okay, but I asked what you would want, not her. If you wanted to marry a girl, how would you like to propose?

• oh poor men. I know women that sign prenups for sport lol. Then they have your kids and they still get all your money and there's no way around it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• Exactly why I'm not getting married. It's all a game to you guys.

What Girls Said 14

• I'd like mine to be well thought out and romantic.

It doesn't necessary have to be at a fancy restaurant or anything, but much rather something we both enjoy doing. May it would be camping, we go out on a usual camping trip and BOOM, there it is, or just anything.

Something that would make it even more special is if he possibly added something in there with an inside joke, I love to laugh so adding that in there would be amazing.

And I agree... The jumbo screen... No. In the Arch... No. I don't even want it at the Eiffel Tower.

• I definitely will get married sometime in the near future,and no,i will not be the one asking.:) I've never really imagined what would be said,but nothing about me is traditional,so I wouldn't mind something like...him writing me a song and it's all in the lyrics,or making me breakfast...oatmeal,and using raisins asking me to marry him.Something fun...he doesn't have to be on one knee or anything.But there's gotta be some nice dialogue going after the initial thing...just so I will know he is completely serious.I don't wear diamonds or gold so I hope the ring is silver and something snazzy. After I say yes,we could go out and stage a scene for everyone,where he asks...and I reply no,and then the tears and yelling starts. Maybe it will end up on a reality show clip.Or maybe not.Maybe we should just go fishing afterwards.

• I don't like a lot of fuss...I wouldn't want a fancy restaurant or in front of a million people. I would like to be curled up on the lounge together or cooking dinner together. Just a simple and surprising proposal...somewhere that I'm not expecting it!

• I think I would want something really casual. Like if we're chilling on the couch watching TV or a movie or something.

• I don't really have a way I'd 'want' him to propose...as long as he gets down on one knee and it isn't on a jumbo screen at a sports game (guys, its not romantic at all) or in front of tons of people

• Yeah, I think I'd rather it not be public. Thanks :)

• Oh wow, I guess it looks nice in movies, but in reality it's probably not such a safe option lol

• there's a lot of things in movies that should stay there...

• I would want him to do it completely without planning, in the spur of the moment. And when I reject him because I don't think he's being serious, I would want him to keep asking me. Getting more and more romantic as we go.

Sounds weird >.< but that would be it for me.

• I would love for guy to get down on one knee for me, and make it a huge deal! I think, whatever you decide to do, it should involve "on bened knee".

I have actually been wondering about women proposing... I am crazy in love with my boyfriend and think it would totally surprise him if I proposed...

Would you like to be proposed to? I wouldn't want to make my man feel less masculine by proposing.

• Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I'm not sure if guys would mind that or not. It's just such a traditional part of our society that I think we might both feel as if we missed out on something. I mean, I'm sure even if we ask they'll say yes if we're both on the same page about marriage, but who knows if he would prefer doing the asking. That might be a good question to ask on here actually, if you're thinking of doing the asking with your boyfriend but aren't sure he'd like it. Good luck :)

• I think I'd prefer to be asked, but it depends on the guy I'm with.

• I already have it planned how my future husband is going to propose..

we are going to be walking along the beach right when the sunsets out he's going to get on one knee and take out a ring then he's going to ask me to marry him.. j.k

• Being a woman, I would never do the asking. It's just not appropriate. The guy AWAYS asks the girl for her hand. I would want him to get down on one knee of course. And present to me a diamond ring that he picked out himself, and say the words "(my name), I love you more than anything in the world, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

Or like what Melanie's fiancée did for her in the movie Sweet Home Alabama. Wouldn't mind that either ;)

• I haven't thought about it really and I don't thinknit will be happening soon for me because I'm not in a happy relationship but maybe being on a romantic walk in the sunset, or in the snow, that would be nice.

• Sorry to hear that, I hope things work out. I haven't given it much thought either, the question just sort of came to me. All I know is I'd like it to be romantic.

• I would want him to do it in a cute way, that I would always remember!

I wouldn't want him to say something like: "hey, we should get married."

• Should always be the guy. Women that do the asking in bad times of the marriage always question if the man really wanted to even get married since they asked him. I want something private between the 2 of us since that's what our marriage will be and during a normal day or during something we do on a normal day, on one knee and hopefully he asked my friends about the ring. I have turned down the out in public for show proposals.

• You've turned down proposals that were in public?

• Yes. I did the shocked and speechless act to the point where they got me a chair to sit down (note I really was in shock cause I couldn't believe he did that). He obviously didn't know me as well as I thought and he did it just for him to look a certain way and I don't like men like that. thought he was different.. If you're going to propose for real then you should ask her friends specifically if she's ever mentioned what she would like (not what they think she would like though). Good Luck

• definitely on one knee saying sweet romantic things. I want the traditional one :)

• i think it has to be the guy...he will get the hints before of course...no one wants to hear a no.

he doesn't have to bend on his knee but he has to say something really sweet...like I still have butterflies on my stomach when I see you, I love more than I can say, I never tought I would find a girl like you...something like that