Why am I being so impatient?

I've been in a committed relationship for almost two years now. I love him, and know I will spend the rest of my life with him. We've talked about our wedding, and our future. However recently my best friend got engaged to a man she had dated for three months a year ago. Out of left field, I know, but they are convinced they have true love. As a best friend I am completely happy for her, but I suppose just out of jealousy I am screaming inside my head, "This should be me!" My boyfriend tells me that when our time comes, we'll both know. I don't want to force him into it- I'm just not that girl. However, I have this inner fear that without a ring, my relationship seems less serious than that of an engaged couple. Is there any advice you can give me on what's going through his mind, or how I can relax and get over my insecurities?

What Guys Said 1

• If you guys are that committed to each other, don't worry. He probably wants to take care of some things in his life that needs finishing before he can marry you.

• Thanks for the advice. I've relaxed a bit since yesterday ;)

What Girls Said 0