Why is it so easy for him to walk away?

We've been dating for a little while. It's been kinda on and off since we live a couple of hours away. We've only made out and cuddled but everything has been great. He's Indian and I'm Arab but I never thought that might be an issue until we had this conversation.

.

Me: Do you even like me?

Him: Yes, I just can't start things with you when it can't be long term.

Me: What are you talking about? How do you know it won't be?

Him: I know I'll fall in love with you and will just end up getting hurt. I have to marry an Indian. I can't disappoint my parents. I'm the only son. I have two years to get engaged.

Me: Well, it's not like MY parents would jump for joy.

Him: Yeah, exactly. Both of us will just end up hurt.

Me: So what? Are you going to love her? Do you even care?

Him: Yeah, or I'll learn to love her.

Me: Well why are you even talking to me? Why are you even with me now?

Him: Because I'm obviously attracted to you. I can't help it when I'm around you. I know I shouldn't...I'll just leave if you want.

Does he not like me enough to want to progress anything with us?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• no that's not the case at all. I'm sure he does really like you but you have to understand that there really are certain cultural restrictions that some families still adhere to. one of my indian friends won't date our other muslim friend because they know that their parents wouldn't approve and it wouldn't work out in the long run. he wouldn't be with you if he didn't like you, but if he really think there's no future for you two then I think YOU should move on, tell him that you want something long term and if he can't do it then its not a good idea for you two to be together in that way anymore