Girlfriend of one year is pregnant, I'm getting deployed in July... I love her, but is it too soon to propose?

My girlfriend of one year is pregnant, I'm going on my third combat tour in July to Afghanistan. I love this girl with everything that I have, more then anyone before, she's my whole life and my whole world, but we have only been together for 10 months, now, I have a kid on the way... this deployment will be my hardest for sure

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not believe it is the wrong time to propose, you love her and you are each others everything, my fiancé and I were engaged within that time frame too. Try anything to remain intact with your family, video chat on skype, send her letters, plan your life for when you are back. You can keep your love alive if you work hard to maintain it, best of luck to you.

What Girls Said 4

• Speaking from experience, I'd say do it now. It will give something to think about and plan for while you're away. Plus she'll have the baby to look after, so again she'll be occupied whilst you're on ops. Also its less likely she'll bitch down the phone to you while you're in Bastion about some crap going on at home that you can't deal with, as you're in the sandpit. Best of luck mate, and keep up the good drills. x

• It depends how serious you guys are and on the sort of person she is I guess. Personally I don't think its too soon but some girls could get freaked out about it.

• i don't know anything about you, or this girl. only you can decide. but basically if you're asking random strangers it doesn't sound like you want to at all.

• I do want it, I have since the begining, there was just always something about her, but she is pregnant, and to tell you the truth, I'm scared that this will be my last months with them (probably because I'm going to be a dad, and on my previous tours I was single and thought I was untouchable) I just asked to see other peoples input, I ask my buddies they all say "never get married, its all bullsh*t" but there is nothing I want more, I just don't know if its the right time because of my deployment

• talk to her about.

• What I think is for you to follow your heart and if you think its the right time do it. You don't have to listen to other people about your feelings!

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think so, but she might. How about this, you tell her that you would like to get married but don't want to burden her if you don't get back(I have a brother in the military so I know that there is danger anywhere they send you) and that you plan to ask officially once you get back. this way she will have the least pressure but your devotion is made clear.

• Well, it can't hurt to propose, and if you're married and die in action your wife and kid will be provided for somewhat from your benefits.

• I I don't think it is too soon.I think she would probably be expecting this and wanting you to propose her so just do it.Wish you all the best.