Do you believe in promise rings?

me and boyfriend made promises to each other to love each other always, stay together, be faithful and to always try to make things work. we have every intention to get married someday. we are together for 6 months and we are sexually active. so my friend suggested that we get a promise ring. but my boyfriend doesn't blv in a promise ring. I ain't sure what are my feelings towards it. so what do you think?

i ain't saying that I believe in promise rings. just asking so I could understand fully what it is about and if it is a practical idea.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is this your first serious and/or sexual relationship?

• its my first sexual relationship.

• I kind of figured...

Look, I think promise rings are great in the sense that it's a nice gesture to the other person about how you feel. However, if you are the type of person that believes a promise ring actually means you two will be together forever then I would say it's not a good idea. If/when the time comes that's what an engagement ring is designed for...

• ok. in that case, it ain't a good idea for me. I think I would rather wait for an engagement ring.

What Guys Said 1

• I personally think the promise ring is lame. If you really want a serious commitment wait to get engaged!

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's unnecessary. It's a promise that you're going to make a promise. If you're really committed to spend your life with each other, then get engaged, if anything.

I think generally promise rings are given by young people because people will say they're too young to be engaged, and/or because they can't afford an engagement ring yet.

• Promise rings are just rings. The don't magically "work." All they do is remind you of the promise you made. Now, whether that promise is kept is up to you and your boyfriend.

• "my friend suggested". so...

• Ehnnnn... That's what engagement rings are for! :)

• I don't personally believe in them because I don't really feel that they mean much.