What scares you the most about marriage?

Which of the following scares you the most about marriage?

If you have something radically different, please share.

• The general uncertainty about choosing the right person
  • The routine (family commitments and loss of personal space / freedom)
  • The high rate of divorce / what if it just doesn’t work out
  • Whether or not my partner will remain faithful
  • I don’t believe in marriage / marriage is outdated

Most Helpful Girl

• Loss of independence. I fear marrying a man, starting a family and then my life is all about the kids, him and the house instead of being able to do what I wanna do. Also the fear of him remaining faithful is probably the biggest reason. I don't want to waste my life with someone only to find out they were untrue and couldn't be trusted.

What Girls Said 12

• The routine is terrifying to me. I can't explain why, maybe I like to think that I always have the opportunity to spring off to India or something at the drop of a hat - just the idea of having constraints is scary. I'm afraid I'm not a marriage-oriented individual. I fall in love, I care deeply about my significant other, but I can't stay committed to one-house-one-life for a lifetime. I need to live.

• I really just don't see any benefit in getting married. Or at least the cons greatly outweigh the pros. In my opinion. I guess I can see why it appeals to other people... I just don't see the point for myself.

• no . I'm not doing it. I'm not interested in having my body on call for someone elses consumption. marriage leads to emotional blackmail. 'you married me so..'

• The possibility of cheating - and then you CAN'T just walk away. :/

• I would feel horrible if he no longer loved me or lost interest..

• that it doesn't work out.

• I fear the fact that it may not be forever.

• Marrying the wrong person.

• Actually when I got married, I wasn't scared at all. I loved him, that's all I needed. We wanted to be together so badly.

Well in the end things didn't work out. but I still thing, if you really love someone, you won't be scared.

• marrying someone who doesn't love me

• if I could id vote for A, B, C and D. not e though becuase I do beleive in marriage. but the first four do scared me and its so hard to trust someone so much and the fear of them changing AFTER you tie the knot...ive seen many people get divorced recently and it just scares me even more

• That in the end it doesn't matter. Love is interchangeable and easily lost. There is no point to a union if all you have to 'bank' on is love. Love doesn't really exist. Hows that for different?

What Guys Said 3

• You forgot to ask 'partner decides they aren't interested in sex any more' which is more frequently a major problem then the above.

You also didn't mention money problems.

Most marriages end over money or sex.

• i am a guy, and what scares me is choosing the right person, and will that person remains loyal, truthful, and loves me back. Lastly, remain steadfeast in good n bad times with me.

• Interesting results to say the least