Could the guy I like be gay?

I was reading a blog post he wrote, and in it he was passionately defending gay marriage and (almost) shunning faiths/countries/etc that prohibited it. That, and plus a week ago we saw two guys holding hands on the street and he mentioned "That kinda turns me on". These two combined make me think that he's gay. I can't tell from his actions or dress or whatever because I've always been terrible at distinguishing between straight guys and gay guys. I am so devastated and I need to hear some opinions. I'd really appreciate any answers. Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, the fact that he defends gay rights doesn't make him gay just a good person, but him saying two guys holding hands "turns him on" that there seems to make me think he might be gay. Though I comment nicely on two guys holding hands but that doesn't make me gay, perhaps you misheard him, honestly the best way to know is just ask him, in a nice way so he doesn't feel persecuted if he is gay.

• I definitely didn't mishear it, but it's really difficult for me to ask because I have a huge crush on him. I"m thinking of asking his friends though...

What Guys Said 3

• Well I'm a straight guy who has gay friends and I'm pretty passionate about equal rights for gays and I do sometimes shun faiths and countries for it as well. I also admire when two people love each other regardless of sexual orientation. I have to admit two guys together doesn't turn me on though. He could be bisexual or something that is always a possibility. You should try asking his friends or something.

• Sigh. Okay, thank you.

• Defending gay marriage on a blog does not make you gay. I'm hetero and have no problem with people who are gay. Was he serious when he saw the 2 dudes and said "that kinda turns me on"? If he was serious, that's a pretty good indicator that he does have homosexual proclitivities. Even an individual such as myself, who is accepting of the gay lifestyle wouldn't make those remarks.

• Yeah that seems to be the general consensus here. Thank you.

• sounds like it to me

What Girls Said 1

• Neither of those mean that he is gay. He could have seen two females & said the same thing. Ask him. Yes, that's what I said. Ask him. If you have any doubts just ask him. Tell him you were thinking about what he said the other day when you two saw those 2 guys together & he made that comment about being turned on & you wondered if he was serious or just kidding. Tell him you won't be upset, but you would like to know because it confused you. I think he will respect you for asking.

In relationships, people really need to speak up & be open & honest, otherwise, you will not be happy.

Good luck.

• Thank you for your answer.