Guys, how long would you wait to propose?

How many days/weeks/months/years would you have to date your girlfriend before you'd consider becoming engaged?

Most Helpful Guy

• 2-3 years at least. I don't think I would ask her before year passed. And it would have to have outer reasons (like no money for wedding or something worse) to make me propose later than after 7 years. I would leave her if I was not sure after that time.

What Guys Said 4

• Years. I don't know how many, but I know that I'd wait for a couple of years before even thinking about it. To introduce you to me, I'm an indecisive shopper at times. I will stand in the grocery store aisle when I'm buying something new that I've never bought before, and I will compare and brainstorm and whatever else until I'm either sure I should buy it or if I should give it a second thought...for the 20th time.

The same would probably be true for such a big decision and commitment like marriage. Do I really like and love her? Is she right for me? Am I right for her? Can I stand her? Am I truly comfortable with her? Does marriage even need to happen right now? Have I done the things I want to do without having the marriage commitment on me?

Things like that would run through my mind. I would comfortably be in a long relationship with a girl before those thoughts happen, though.

• Depends but certainly more than a year of dating

• At least over two years

• I'd wait like a total of 5yrs

What Girls Said 1

• at least a year I would think