Do you want to get married? What's your idea of marriage include?

Please elaborate as to why or why not you want to be married someday.

Or, if you are married already, what made you decide to tie the knot? What is marriage like?

Just wondering. :)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I want to get married after I graduate from college (or possibly high school since I'm not sure if college will work out for me) but either way, I love the idea of marriage and kids. My boyfriend does too. I love him very much and he may not be the guy I marry but I hope he is.

We've been together for two years and have been through just about everything a couple can go through yet we're still together. Although we are in high school and most hs relationships don't work out, I think ours has a chance and if it does then I want us to get married one day and so does he. We've talked about it a lot. Lol

What Guys Said 13

• Nah.

Personally I consider marriage irrelevant and kinda like "loss of freedom" for men. Just think about it: stuck with one woman forever. No matter how strong you love her, you'll get bored in time. And in case of divorce you know how "equal" laws are, especially if you have kids (Odin save me from such fate).

Besides, after hearing many stories, I came to a conclusion that women begin to feel additional control over men after marriage and slowly insane "bitchiness" starts to develop in her.

In time his opinion becomes less relevant to her, she'll begin to force her will on him and he'll submit just to make her shut up.

And yet nobody gave me a proper answer what's the point in getting married? Like you love a woman, you live together, you're just fine. WHY do you need to get married? She wants to look cool in that wedding dress or what? You want that ring so bad? Problems choosing the last name for a kid? She wants an ultimate proof that you love her? She doesn't wants to fall behind her friends who got married long time ago? What's behind marriage, why can't you just live together and that's all?

• Where's the "I don't really care either way" option? :P I just want to live my life with someone I love. If she wants marriage, I'll do it for her. If she doesn't want marriage, I won't really care. If neither of us really cares one way or the other, we'd probably end up getting married for various reasons (tax benefits and really more likely to give joy to our family).

What makes me decide is entirely how much I love her, how much I trust her, if she wants it, and if I look at the point in our life and see if it's the right time (as in we're both financially stable and whatnot).

So ya, you need an option for people like me who are indifferent to marriage exactly, but probably will be for it :P

• I'd love to get married some day. You know the saying, "Marry your best friend''? Well I'm going to be best friends with whom I marry, there is a difference X3 I think marriage is like a whole other level of school, you never stop learning things about eachother..I don't particularly like school so this might be a bad comparison XD I want to be married because it would be amazing to have someone who's always going to try be there for you, loving and laughing with you every step of the way. I don't think I'll get married until I've finished up with highschool, uni and my career is started up though =)

• I'd like to get married someday. Even if I wasn't though, I'd Like to be with someone that I love. Besides, its just a title right?

• I def want to!

I'd like to make my wife be my best friend and go through all the obstacles a couple faces together :)

And I wanna have 3-4 kids. At least one of each :))

• no I don,t what get married been they dune that

• Plain and simple I just have no interest in dating or marriage. Nothing else to say about this topic

• If I get married I am proposing with a ring pop

• Yes

• YES! I want to get married, I'm almost 28 and most my ex classmates are married and they are starting a family, I just want to get married to have sex.

• No, because I don't want to give the woman all my stuff plus half my retirement when the marriage ends.

• I did want to get married,

but after learning how little most women bring to a marriage and how much they just take for granted and the anti male the divorce laws are I don't want to have to pay 70+ years alimony for a 10 year relationship just because I was born male,

no thanks.

• Dont sign a prenup... Or marry a woman who is independent and won't mooch

• well , one day you will find a woman who won't do that to you and then you will want to marry her :)

• When I was younger, that was on my list of things to do. My plan was to get an education, get a good job, get a good woman, marry her, have kids, and live out my days in a nice home in the country surrounded by rolling hills of green. Oddly enough, I first came to this site almost 2 years ago trying to get over my shyness. I'm kind of over it, but now I just don't want to get too close to women. I can't trust 'em as far as I can throw 'em. I can easily see myself living alone for the rest of my life, and I'm completely content with that. This might be a phase or it might not, but I think it would take a hell of a woman to change my opinion now.

What Girls Said 25

• I never thought I would be one to get married. But the man I'm with now is someone I could see myself with for the rest of my life, he's the only one I want. He understands me, and I get him on such a basic level it's amazing the connection we have. I could actually see myself married to him living in a nice little house with a few grandchildren around. He makes me so happy and there is nothing I wouldn't do for him. When he's around it's like we are the only two people on earth and this feeling still after 6 years lol.

• I do want to marry one day and have like 3 or 4 kids, if we can. I want a simple small wedding, nothing big because knowing the guy who I want to marry his mother will go crazy with it seeing he is only son and child, so I figure she will go crazy with a wedding. and I just want to get married at a church and then like do a cook out at the lake nothing to fancy.

• No, I'm not religious at all and it would be hypocritical to promise in front of "god" in a church to stay with this guy for the rest of my life.

I am also a person who values promises and I don't think I could make such a promise to someone. I don't know what the future holds and I can't make sure I'll love them forever.

I also want my future partner to be with me because he wants to, not because he promised to years ago.

• I want to get married because I want someone to share everything in my life with. also someone who will be my best friend. I don;t wanna share my secrets with some one who will then run off and tell everyone about it.

I also want to show off my skills of cooking to someone who will appreciate me every day. And since I love the idea of helping people and doing stuff for people, I can do that for my husband and later on my kids.

I don't know, I want to get married so I can get to know myself better and try to harmonize myself with one more person in this world rather with my 3 siblings and parents.

I want to explore the world and I want a buddy who will accompany me. someone who I can rely on and be there for someone who needs me.

I want to get married so I can complete myself with him and may be help each other to grow our faiths stronger.

• yeah, I would love to get married with a man with the honest intention to be with me through thick and thin. Everyone will have not so good days and most won't be perfect but you should love that person no matter what. This generation is based on being with as many partners which isn't horrible but not right if you want to settle down. I see nothing wrong with being with other people but if you love them stay as long as you hope it will last but your future husband or wife will be out there if you are seeking that. Some people don't want to get married but I think most do. I just hope I have a lovely husband who can treat me like a lady and respect me and I'll do the same treat him like a real man and respect his wishes :)

• no, making a commitment to another person into a written contract doesn't feel right to me. I do however believe in the basic principle of marriage "for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part". I want to be commited to one man forever because life is about love and everyone needs someone to understand them and always be there for them through it all.

• Want to more than anything :) basically, I've met the guy who's better than I could have dreamt him to be and I love him. I know I always will and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. It's not because I want a big family, or a ring, or even sex I just want to be with him :)

• :YES I want to get married... WHY? because I just want to lol... well I want to get married to someone who really loves me and a someone whos not strong enough to let me go... A someone who are nice,VERY understanding,kind,has a sense of humor,LOYAL and a someone that will love me for the rest of his life :)

Im just hoping that someone's gonna like me and want to marry me even if I'm ugly :)

• Yes I do want to get married but I feel like I'm too young to be thinking about that. I have the rest of my life to do it. And the only things that I would want in it was true honesty, loyalty, and good communication. Also knowing that we both love each other and wouldn't leave.

• No. I've been married before(14yrs. and BIG mistake)and don't want to get married again. Its just not for me.

• I want to get married and I've been lucky that so far my parents have stayed married. I'm sketchy about the high chances of divorce because I believe in marrying forever but I def wanna give it a shot

• No, I don't want to get married. Why? Because I just don't.

• I guess...whatever happens happens...It might take a miracle for me to actually be with a guy let alone get married...but hey it could happen...seeing as how every time I doubt something it seems to happen eventually...

• i don't really care, I just want to live my life. if the opportunity should present itself I'll consider it but I wouldn't be upset with staying single...ive done it for 22yrs so far.

• I honestly don't care anymore. If I get married, that would be great. But I'm just going to see where life takes me. If I don't get married by the time I'm like 30, I'll just adopt kids and be happy with that.

• No.

• I never thought of getting married til I met the guy I'm with now. He's my best friend my lover everything all in one. I never thought I would find someone like him but I did and he change my perspective of marriage.

• I don't believe there's a reason to marry unless there's children involved. Why do need a piece of paper and a ring to prove your love?

• of course, besties, and family ;)

• Yes, I want to share my life with an amazing man =)

• The thought of being married seems like prison!

• i personally don't really see the point in marriage, yes it can be beautiful and romantic or what ever at the time but its just a piece of paper, it does not define your relationship, if your happy before you get married then you should still be happy after or if your incompatible and not meant to be, you will still be after the marriage. A lot of woman have the misconception that the man will change or their relationship will become stronger and "unbreakable" if you do get married, sorry hunny it doesn't, if anything it puts more pressure on the relationship. I say if your happy and your glad with where things are going what purpose is of the whole elaborate big wedding, it is just a lot of money that you and your partner invest that you could be using on other things like a romantic vacation for example. lol and if it were to end (like more do) their is no legal finances and headache you have to go threw, all you have to do is just split :)

• i would like to get marry after my 30's before my 35 so I could have kids, I wanna be in love with someone and build a family with, grow old with...i guess that's it, also don't wanna raise kids alone, because I really know I need to be a mom some day...

• I am married. I actually would have said to you that I never want to be married maybe when I was 22-23. I don't believe in marriages because... I just never dated and I felt too many people got divorces and I was sort of skeptical that I would get into a divorce too or something. My parents argued all the time but never got divorced, so that was good but I didn't like the argue all the time part. Anyways, My husband was my first real boyfriend and he was madly in love with me at 24 so we got married. Marriage is nice. I felt that we had a nice wedding, and the wedding was to let everyone know that we want God's blessings and to be happy together. We got a lot of presents and money from the wedding, plus his sister gave us 4 days to stay at a really nice honey moon hotel so that was nice! Well marriage is nice, you both share each others company and you both know that you are apart of each others family now too and they welcome us since we are married to each other now :). Anyways I am his first wife and he is my first husband and I had none before me but he did have one girl before me... but anyways I just think it's nice to have a guy say that he will love you forever before you have sex with that person but that's just me. And I'm also a Christian so maybe that's why I believe in marriage but I never really wanted to get married... hahahaha

• most definitely

i want that guy in my life that I can count on for anything, that will love me regardless of anything I might or might not do. plus, I want a family, I want kids. I want that house in the suburbs with a dog and a fenced yard. I want that life