How do I tell my boyfriend I'm not ready for marriage?

My boyfriend keeps bringing up marriage into our conversations and even around his friends. I love him so much, and we've been dating for almost 9 months now, but I just don't think that I'm ready for that. How do I tell him without hurting his feelings?

What Guys Said 2

• That depends on where you are at emotionally within the relationship. If you love him and intend on staying with him long term (assuming things stay the same, neither party changes dramatically, etc.) then you just tell him that you are not ready for marriage, but that it isn't a thing relating to your relationship. He'll be concerned that you plan on leaving him someday because you don't want to marry him, but if you're not ready, then it isn't the right time. He may not even be upset - perhaps the marriage talk is just to assure you that he sees you as the girl for him and he'll be fine with dating, engagement, marriage... on your schedule, just as long as you're around.

• Tell him straight! don't beat around the bushes! Get to the point.

What Girls Said 0