Engaged at 17 ok?

i just got engaged a week ago. the only thing is we are 17. I would like to know what you guys think about this.

we are planning on just getting married in front of a judge in a year. then on our 10 year anniversary we are going to have a real wedding.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're way too young to get married as you have no idea who you are and what marriage is all about. Why is everyone singing the same song to you when you mention that you want to get married? Maybe we know something.

Look, I know everyone 16-20 year old out there as no one is special, you are not special. You're a 17 year old teenager just like every other naive teen out there. You world is small and skewed.

There's so much more that you need to learn before you decide to spend the next 60 years together with someone but you won't listen just like you havn't listened to everyone else telling you not to do this.

Ps: Marriage isn't built on love, it takes more then that.

What Guys Said 2

• Just my opinion, you're not going to like it; you're crazy!

However, if you guys are serious about getting married, then make sure that it's far in the future. You can still maintain a monogamous and loving relationship without getting married until such a date as you're financially and maturely ready.

Statistically speaking, it is highly unlikely that a marriage would last should you make that next step.

• 10 years is a bit much. I mean, I am 20 now and I plan on getting married in a year when I graduate. We will get married on paper, and then live our lives together in 4 years. 10 years when you are 16 is just a bit questionable... But if you both try your best ot make it work, and work together very very well, you can eb amrried for life :D. It takes soemone special to do that...

What Girls Said 4

• Let me point out firstly, that it doesn't really matter what everyone else thinks. BUT I do feel that, at 17, you aren't old enough to know exactly what you want in a partner. You're still young, and by telling someone (and everyone else for that matter) that you want to stay with this one person for the rest of your life, you're sort of condemning yourself to a life of uncertainty. I know many couples who get engaged/married at a young age (teens or early twenties) and have resulted in divorce. Granted, this was also after having children.

I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that when you're a teenager or graduating high school and going to college or university, you're supposed to find yourself. So, no, I don't think it's a good thing to get engaged at such a young age, especially when you want to get married at 18, but have "a real wedding" on your 10th anniversary.

• NO! NO NO NO! Not unless you're preggo! No! Don't get engaged now! You have collage guys in front of you! Don't waste all of it on one guy! Plus he probably only wants to marry you so he can get some

• one question how long have you two been together? oh and do you live together? not to put a damper on things when I was younger I was with a guy for 3 years we talked about starting a family together and getting married later on yet as we grew older we grew apart something that we thought would never and I stress never thought would happen. just look at your situation I know people that have been together since they were 13 and are now happily married with a child. however if you do not think that your relationship can survive the trials of getting older. plus relationships change once you start living with someone and are around them 24/7 stress cracks start to appear. can you handle this at such a young age? if you think you can then congratulations.

• girl, I'm 17 and I'm engaged. but how long have you 2 been together. just make sure that you know what ur getting yourself into