What are your thoughts on gay marriage?

I know how I feel, but am curious to see other opinions. I want to know what you think...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I say if they want to be miserable like the rest of us, I say go for it. I never cared or payed gays or lesbians any mind, doesn't mean I hate them or anything, just I never see them as any different as a stranger in the line at the DMV or at the store taking my order for something to eat. Funny as it is, I actually like talking to gays, most guys I talk to aren't very bright, so I talk about boring sh*t such as sports, which girl is hotter,etc. I mean its from my experience, I had weird experience with gays flirting with me, I just took it as compliment with a little awkward feeling there too. I grew up in New York so I built up a tolerance for them kissing or showing affection in public. If people don't like them kissing, then don't look . Of course I look if its lesbians, but that's because I'm a guy, I can't help it. People need to realize they are humans just like me and the guy down the street. I could careless what they do in the bedroom, they could be hanging from the chandelier on the ceiling "doing it", I don't want to hear about it but I still look at them as people.

What Guys Said 12

• Legalise it already. Everywhere it's been made legal, nothing outrageous has happened.

Someone needs to prove to the bigots that their lies are not fooling anyone.

End of society, man weds dog, brother marries sister... it's not going to happen. Get over it.

• It doesn't bother me. I think everybody should have the freedom to marry anybody they want, as long as it's between two consenting adults. I also don't see how gay marriage threatens in any way heterosexual marriage, it's not like churches are gonna start marrying same-sex couples anytime soon nor would they have to. We've had gay marriage in Canada since 2005 and the country hasn't fallen apart because of it, in fact it hasn't changed anything at all.

• It's legal here and it should be legal everywhere. I support it 100%.

• Sure they should be able to get married, if they so desire.

• should be legal under the law, it has nothing to do with religion, society is not going to fall appart if gays are allowed to get married

• Why the f*** not is my thoughts on it if people make each other happy and when take that step then go for it

• Well I don't know why it isn't considered as a marriage but a 'civil partnership'

My opinion is let them I don't mind

• It's still just marriage. Couldn't care less what they do

• Its nothing people should be so arrogant as to hold an opinion on. I don't have an opinion marriage in general, never mind gay marriage.

• Never, Never, Never should such a thing be allowed to be recognized as a marriage. It is awful, unnatural, and just wrong on every level.

• Marriage is "unnatural" as well. Something being "unnatural" doesn't make it wrong.

• How is marriage unnatural

• It doesn't occur in nature? You know, quite unlike homosexuality, which is practised by some animals.

• It's thier life, nobody else's ... let them do it. If they love the person, they love them... why should they be deprived happiness? I don't agree with homosexuality but I also don't think laws should stop people from living thier lives. Let them do it, it doesn't cause me a problem, why should I be bothered?

• I think it's kind of funny that they are still fighting to get married and number of straight people thinking that marriage is achaic and completely unnecessary is quickly rising. The oddities of society...

What Girls Said 5

• Ehh, this is probably going to turn into an argument. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm all for letting them get married. I see no good reason why they shouldn't be allowed to. They can be just as committed to each other as a heterosexual couple and I really don't think they pose any kind of "threat to marriage" as a lot of people like to claim.

• Let the gays be happy. I just feel that our children are seeing gays/lesbians kiss in public, and it's not setting a very nice example. But... -sigh-. I feel that this could affect us in the future, or it may not. I keep saying this: people should be happy, but not by making somebody elses life miserable.

• i was about to answer this but you did the job for me, Wise words. curious what do you mean by people should be happy but not by making somebody else life miserable?

• Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong, or if your intent is unclear... what do you mean by:

"I just feel that our children are seeing gays/lesbians kiss in public, and it's not setting a very nice example."

Not attacking... just confused.

• By that I mean like no parent wants their children to be seeing gays kiss in public like that; I'm just taking the words of parents on the news. I meant to put that in quotents.

• They are people too and they deserve to be treated equal and be happy, so I say let them do what they want.

• It doesn't bother me. What someone else decides to do with/and share their life with is none of my or anyone elses business. Love is love regardless of gender.

• Free Will...do what you want.