Round 2: if a guy said he would NEVER marry you, does that close the case?

If a man admittedly, up front, told you he would NEVER consider marriage (not only with you, but with any woman), would that be a deal breaker? Is serial monogamy unacceptable or do you have to have the prospect of a ring somewhere in the future to consider sharing your love?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I loved him and I knew he loved me, then no, I wouldn't leave him for saying that.

However, there's a time a place for everything, right? And if I still really had my heart set on getting married someday, then I would probably try my best (over the course of time) to convince him to change his mind. There's just something about calling the person you love your husband, or your wife, that makes your relationship all the more special. They're yours. To keep.

• i'm setting this as the best answer because it's how I'd expect a love interest of mine to think (not implying anything notsosimple19 lol), though I'd like to point out that barbados coined a very close second...I got married at 19 for the wrong reasons and got a great son out of the deal before divorcing at 24, and don't want to ever have that legal dispute in the future..If I love you I love you, if at any point you want to leave, you can, no divorce required, though I see the other side too.

What Girls Said 6

• Since I'm not sure if I ever want to get married it wouldn't matter to me.

Usually people don't understand or are surprised when I tell them that I don't think that I ever want to get married. But it's just how I feel. I'm 24, still young, maybe someday it'll change, maybe someday it just feels right. You never know what happens in the future.

So no, no deal breaker. I don't need a piece of paper that tells me I'm with someone. He can still give me a ring though... ;)

• Pretty much exactly how I feel, and it has nothing to do with being unable to commit, haha. I just don't think you need marriage to do it.

• For me, yes. I want marriage...kids...and etc. I think if it is with the right person...it shall be a good thing for marriage. I mean...if he didn't know at the time that he was unsure of marriage that is fine...But, 5 years down the road..is long enough time. You know?

• For some women this is alright but for me it is not. I want to get married someday. I think you need to find a women that has the same views as you if this bothers you, because this can be a real big deal breaker for a lot of woman.

• no.

• depends on the girl.. for me yes! because I want to get married one day

• No marriage is a ceremony, I consider it a declaration to the world, something like falling in love and just shouting it from the rooftops. I was never interested in the whole big white wedding thing myself but the declaration is nice. Above the theatrics though I would have the love and commitment its supposed to represent. If I could have both marriage and the love and commitment score =)

What Guys Said 0