He's gonna propose?

My boyfriend of 6 years is gonna propose to me (so says his sister) how can I tell him that I'm not ready to make that kind of jump?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you have been with him for six years chances are you know whether or not you see yourself spending the rest of your life with him. If you want to marry him in the future, I suggest you accept his proposal and be clear that you want a long engagement/need to be done doing something (school etc.) before you get married. If you don't see yourself with him forever, then maybe it is time to move on. It will just end up hurting him to be with someone he wants to marry if you doesn't feel the same way about him.

• Wow thank you, that's great advice.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him that marriage is something you want to do after you have finished whatever you have to do.

For example I would not consider marriage until I am finished with school and have a stable job.

If a girl really likes me, she would have to wait for me to get that done. And if she does wait then I know that she is the one. It takes a lot of patience.

• honestly tell him straight up. being married is just a piece of paper and a ring...

What Girls Said 0