Is the age for marrying and having a family increasing?

I have been seeing that nowadays almost everyone is not interested in getting married or forming a family before their early (or maybe later) thirties.

In some countries (specially the most developed ones), either people remain single or form their families (adopting, becoming single parents or in the traditional way) around their late thirties.

At work, the majority are single (we are around our mid-twenties the majority), they tell me that they are not really interested in getting married or that they only want to feel free and hang with their friends and have fun (like teenagers).

Is this fact becoming more real in general?, if it is so, are we doing it because we want to really become self-sustaining or are we becoming more afraid of growing up starting to develop a new kind of Peter Pan syndrome?

Most Helpful Girl

• To answer this question you must look at the bigger picture... the economy, population, trends in society.. Many do not want to have children in a country that is in war. The cost of living is much higher than our parents generation. Humans are defiantly overpopulating this planet, many people don't won't to add to that problem. Also another difference in society is the role reversal between men and women, more women are working and therefore the men have more responsibilities in the household and child care. I am 19 and would love to have a child in the next few years, but with a government I don't trust, our country's debt, and the lack of mature men I'm not expecting a family til I'm much older, or possibly I'll choose not to add to the population...

What Guys Said 3

• It's contradcitory; people are hesitatnt to commit, but desperately lonely often, so many intimate relations are tenuous and fraught with conflict. The teenager sort of 'freedom' you mention is becoming general, but at the price of a lot of loneliness through our youth.

• I think peoples are more greedy and just want to feel alone and just want to have fun , and just think about himself,

if they stay alone they can do everything they don't have any pressure of anyone, live life as you want with anyone, and in US sex relationship and breakup are reallly very normal, so they don't need to marry for physical relationships,

that is what as I THINK :)

• Yes, it's a fact. There aren't that many people out there worth marrying.

What Girls Said 2

• We in the U.S. are taking longer to grow up because men can get sex without marriage more freely than in the past, a lot more women have become career-focused, and the divorce rate is already staggeringly high. So why rush?

• seems like it, everyone is workaholics now..